Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #1

We have recently undertaken the task of finding a Class C to pursue. We initially found the Gulfstream Endura 6340..which, overall, is perfect for us except it's around 6" too tall to fit in our garage (don't ask) ;-)

Soooo....we basically need a 30-33' Class C (non Kodiak chassis) which has 2 roof A/C units, has a 5500 watt Onan Gen, 50 amp service, a front hide-a-bed couch (instead of a jackknife), a cab over bunk bed, at least 1 BIG slide (preferably 2) and a ton of wardrobe space.

Any suggestions???? We have a height limit of around 11'6" max...depending on where the A/C units are mounted

Phoenix, AZ
Sixgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #2

We have recently undertaken the task of finding a Class C to pursue. We initially found the Gulfstream Endura 6340..which, overall, is perfect for us except it's around 6" too tall to fit in our garage (don't ask) ;-)

Soooo....we basically need a 30-33' Class C (non Kodiak chassis) which has 2 roof A/C units, has a 5500 watt Onan Gen, 50 amp service, a front hide-a-bed couch (instead of a jackknife), a cab over bunk bed, at least 1 BIG slide (preferably 2) and a ton of wardrobe space.

Any suggestions???? We have a height limit of around 11'6" max...depending on where the A/C units are mounted

Phoenix, AZ
Old 07-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #3

I have not seen a Class C with dual AC's, and I really don't think it would be required. It was 103 to 107 this week in NorCal and our 13,500btu AC would make the inside habitable in just a few seconds (we dry camp, so we can't leave it on). Most manufacturers offer a 15,000 btu upgrade - but your height limitation might be a problem. The Winnebago Outlook 29B (similar floorplan) is 11' 5" to the top of the AC.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #4

DK, I really believe that a coach meeting your requirements would be too heavy for either the Workhorse or Ford chassis. In otherwords, it just doesn't exist to my knowledge (sorry).
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #5

Pity about that height restriction. Our 32SS Kodiak has everything you need (including dual air - but excluding the sofa bed which Jayco said it could not put in??) but as Skip said - unlikely you will find that on anything else (reasonably priced).
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #6

DK,
Talk to the engineering dept at Gulfstream.
They have been known to do special orders- they've done two for me.
I have a Conquest 6330 that has everything you are looking for but GS dropped it in 2003 when Ford dropped the E550 chassis.

Good luck,
Bruce
Old 07-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies.

The Ford E550 Chassis is the most reasonable option for us, I think. Is Gulfstream the only mfgr who used that chassis in '03 for class C's?

I have considered buying an Endura (6340) & having the suspension retrofitted with some sort of air suspension in which I could dump the air out of the bags, which would lower it enough, but that plan is on the back burner for now, until more research is done...

The dual A/C thing is a must for us. We have a 15k A/C in our 5'er now & it just won't cool the trailer down to acceptable levels once the mercury jumps past 100 or so. Before this 5'er, we had a Weekend Warrior with a single 15k A/C, which also wasn't enough, so we added an 11k up front & that did the trick, especially while at the dunes & similar places which don't provide much shade.

Maybe the insulation levels/performance in trailers is different than in motorhomes?

Well, as usual....what I'm looking for is the odd duck & won't be easy to find...

Phoenix, AZ
Old 07-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scrib:
I have not seen a Class C with dual AC's, and I really don't think it would be required...

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Super C's have 2 13,500 BTU A/C's, at least in my 34C Fun Mover which is a toy hauler. The second is for the enclosed garage. But it is a C5500 chassis and at 12'6", way too high for Sixgunz.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #9

Well, I found it. The 2007 Bigfoot 40MH35ST has everything I want & it's 11'3" tall at the top of the A/C.

One question I do have.....If I upgraded to the 22k chassis, will that raise the height of the unit?

Phoenix, AZ
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #10

good find! as a Bigfoot owner, I will say that it will hold the cool just right! the fibercore construction is great and is efficient. the windows keep the sun's heat at bay so the AC can do its work.

i have no idea on the chasis.

Camping Country RV in Fountain Colorado is the largest Bigfoot dealer in the US (was in 04 anyway) they may know the answer to your question. That is where I got my ride at!

Good luck!
bk

2004 BigFoot 29SL
Bill Killen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I think the best thing to do would to call the manufacturer instead of possibly getting wrong info from someone who wants to make the sale. I am sure they get their info just as you would...the 20 page brochure!

You can contact Bigfoot at Phone : 250-546-2177

Good luck..I hope it will work out for you!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #12

Well, we went and looked at Bigfoots the other day, and I have to say that as far as quality goes, it is top notch!

I've been reading up on them the past few weeks & wonder if, the way they're insulated, a unit would work for us with just 1 A/C unit installed.

So, after we looked at the 35' Kodiak..(and the $185,000.00 price tag)..we looked at the 29' SL and really liked it. The only thing I didn't like was the shower size. I don't know who they designed it around, but the width needs to be increased.

The high price reflects the Diesel engine & quiet Diesel generator, along with a slew of other top of the line options. So..I began to wonder how affordable (for us) a gas unit would be.

I phoned the factory & asked how frequently they made the 35' Kodiak with a front bunk and a gas chassis...and much to my chagrin, they told me they've never made that combination. In fact, they said the only way they'd make a gas chassis (as opposed to the Duramax) is if the customer custom ordered it...so, there goes that plan. And...after searching high & low, there's not one used unit for sale in the US & the regional sales rep. said that there's no new gas units in the US....

At any rate....my point was the Bigfood units are unreal as far as craftsmanship goes...the quality stands out.

Now...I either need to find a used gas chassis Kodiak or buy a 29SL with all the options I want...decisions, decisions!

Phoenix, AZ
Old 08-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #13

I've seen them pretty regularly out here in California;
http://www.rvbrokers.com/DealerFiles...p?ListingID=32
but they don't last long!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #14

sixgunz...I go to: buysell.com to look for used Bigfoot units. Yes, most are in BC...but with the money exchange being in our favor a trip to BC might be worth the savings. We purchased two of our Bigfeet in BC and have never been disappointed.

Paul