Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Sunseeker owners

We are considering buying a new Sunseeker 3170DS. It will be our first RV. Is there any advice out there? Do you love your Sunseeker....hate it? Thanks!
__________________

__________________
roch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
stonekeepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 111
We have a 2011 3010ds and love it. We bought it almost a year ago and have pretty much lived in it all summer. Getting ready for a year of full time travel. The floor plan is perfect for us.

In addition to this awesome forum there is a great forest river owner group forum that had more specific info on sun seekers.
__________________

__________________
stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
JAF
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roch3 View Post
We are considering buying a new Sunseeker 3170DS. It will be our first RV. Is there any advice out there? Do you love your Sunseeker....hate it? Thanks!
We have a 2010 Sunseeker 3210 DS. Nice looking unit. Cupboard wood panel skin coming off. Leak in toilet gasket. Control panel incorrectly wired. Lino floor tile separating from subfloor. Insufficient material used in furniture so seams are coming apart. Missing Velcro snaps in cab window surround. If you are handy with tools, it is a nice unit and will tow a vehicle nicely. The unit has only 6,000 miles and used 6 weekends.... not what one would consider 'excessive' use and abuse ( no kids on board ). Hope this helps.
__________________
JAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
DebbieMH's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana & Alabama
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAF View Post
We have a 2010 Sunseeker 3210 DS. Nice looking unit. Cupboard wood panel skin coming off. Leak in toilet gasket. Control panel incorrectly wired. Lino floor tile separating from subfloor. Insufficient material used in furniture so seams are coming apart. Missing Velcro snaps in cab window surround. If you are handy with tools, it is a nice unit and will tow a vehicle nicely. The unit has only 6,000 miles and used 6 weekends.... not what one would consider 'excessive' use and abuse ( no kids on board ). Hope this helps.
You bought it new in 2010 and have only used it 6 weekends? Wow - maybe it is falling apart from just sitting.
__________________
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kids Carl & Alvin
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
JAF
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Thx for the reply Debbie. I did not say we bought it new. Actually we are the second owners. The original owners were a senior couple who for some reason opted to trade it for a Class A. As it had only 5,000 miles on it and it was a 2010 year, it was considered in new condition and as the price was right, we opted to purchase it. We were aware some of the panel skins required repair. The toilet leak surfaced during our first weekend trip. The floor issue was observed by the dealer who commented it was heat from the register causing the floor to separate. Having been a previous owner of a travel trailer which suffered a similar leak situation, I accepted their professional opinion and found the leak a month later with our first use. We have used this unit 6 times since purchasing it. The distance travelled is really irrevelent as the time spent in the unit by us is approx. 15 days. This past weekend we were subjected to a lot of rain and wind. For some unexplainable reason the electric step began cycling on its own with the orange light flashing on and off as though there was a ground fault. We were not hooked up to shore power at the time. The wind and rain had subsided by that time and as we were driving home, it appears the circuit dryed out and the issue resolved. We have been trailering since 1975 and come across mainy equipment issues. If you love trailer/motorhome life, you can expect to put up with some issues. As for your comment on falling apart from just sitting... I hope you are wrong.
__________________
JAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
We have a 2013 3170ds and love it! We have had some minor problems that the warranty has taken care of: air leak under couch slide out, running board loose, gas line recall, screw on sliding bedroom door came out. The layout is great for our family. Out teen has the upper driving bunk, our 10 & 12 year old the bunks and a space for the adults to hang out, or the main area for the family together. Our kids love draining down the road playing games, watching movies and eating and using the bathroom anytime they want. We get tired, we pull over! A great way to travel with kids.

I did a lot of reading and determine the best brand for our money, storage and usage and decided the 3170ds had the best for our family. We love it!
__________________
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzZorro View Post
We have a 2013 3170ds and love it! We have had some minor problems that the warranty has taken care of: air leak under couch slide out, running board loose, gas line recall, screw on sliding bedroom door came out. The layout is great for our family. Out teen has the upper driving bunk, our 10 & 12 year old the bunks and a space for the adults to hang out, or the main area for the family together. Our kids love draining down the road playing games, watching movies and eating and using the bathroom anytime they want. We get tired, we pull over! A great way to travel with kids. I did a lot of reading and determine the best brand for our money, storage and usage and decided the 3170ds had the best for our family. We love it!
just a question. What was done to stop the air leak under the couch slide? If possible, post pics..
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
I will check, but I do know the attached a flat bar across the top front of the flap facing the table to keep it tighter in position.
__________________

__________________
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.