Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer View Post
I wouldn't be too hung up on a washer and dryer in a motor home. Usually there very small loads and uses water and fills holding tanks unless your hooked to the sewer system at the campground. Most nice campground have washer and dryers present. A small foldable wagon and off the wife goes. Spent 5 months last yr traveling and washing cloths and linen were no big deal, Great time for the wife to catch up on reading or coloring in her fancy coloring books.
It aint me - it the DW. She loves the one we have now so won't go back to laundromats. If she aint happy it not going to happen.

Thanks

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrom View Post
I work for an RV dealership that focuses on extreme reconditioning of the Pre-Owned RV's. It sounds like you were looking at an AS-IS dealer based on the condition you reported. I don't want to violate any rules for the website by providing the name of our company but I can assure you that all dealerships are not the same. Getting the lowest price is not getting the best deal. Shop carefully and get the reconditioning details, coach history and force the dealer to expose any hidden costs. You should be able to leave the dealership and travel from lake to lake, not repair shop to repair shop.
Thanks Sirrom.
Most dealers around here don't really "clean" them until sold, and then its iffy (based on the 3 I've purchased so far).
The dealer was willing to fix things like blinds, carpet, microwave and clean it etc, but since I saw it in this condition, I wonder how well the previous owner took care of the mechanical stuff. My current 2003 DSDP is pristine compared to the 2007 HR.

The Super Nova was the cleanest of the ones we saw, we would have been quite comfortable as it was (of course the DW would still clean inside from top to bottom).

I guess the hunt is part of the fun.

Chris

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote