Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Super C : Thor vs Seneca

Looking to buy a Super C. Like the Thor 35 SK and Seneca MS/RB. Looks like I can get a lot newer Thor for the same money as older Seneca. I do like the Chevy Duramax. Coming from a 5th wheel so Class C is new to me.
Thank for your feedback.

Tmalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
We went thru the same analysis and decided on the Seneca, for the following reasons:
1. The number of negative comments on the Thor vs the Seneca.
2. Senecas have been around for several years.
3. The FL/ Cummins chassis is one of the most popular business class commercial trucks.
4. The FL dealer network vs reports that some Ford dealers don't work on commercial trucks.
5. 2 year warranty vs 1 year.

Just our result, we did like the Thor floor plans.

2015 Seneca 37FS
2014 Jeep Wrangler
watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
I don't know enough about the Seneca, but I haven't heard any bad raps about them. I did walk through one on my dealers lot and saw a lot of fit and finish issues. It was a year + old so maybe that had something to do with it. My 35SK has had it's share of minor issues but nothing major. Has power to spare and averaged 9.6 mpg pulling my F-150 1,000 miles from NW Missouri to Hot Springs, Ar. and back. Comfortable ride with very little engine noise. There is no inside rattles or creeks going down the road. I'm very pleased with it so far. Hope this helps a little. Oops, if you plan to boondock quite a bit, you'll want to look at switching to 6 volt battery's with some solar help.
Rudy & Jenny
2014 Thor Four Winds 35SK, Super C
CRV, F-150 and Wrangler Toads
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 AM   #4
Yep, the residential refrig will be a real drag on the stock batteries when boon docking any length of time. Wish they would offer the 1200 Norcold

Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
Oops, if you plan to boondock quite a bit, you'll want to look at switching to 6 volt battery's with some solar help.
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Seneca. We have had our since 07. Love it. There is a seneca site I on yahoo.
Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #6

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If money wasn't an issue I would go with a new Seneca for sure. I need to decide on an older Seneca or newer Thor.
Now if I could only hit the Lottery!
Tmalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Have had numerous problems with our '14 Thor 33SW but most have been sorted after long stays at the factory. Going back to Elkhart next week to deal with more relatively minor issues before the warranty expires.

That said, there is a lot we like about this coach. Great ride. Lots of power. 10 mpg pulling a new Cherokee. Good storage.

Wish we'd bought the 35 since it has 2 slides vs 1 on the 33. Was concerned about the longer overhang on the 35. Have some worries about the heavy fridge being in the one big slide on the 33 but no problems yet.

Hat-Trick is offline   Reply With Quote