Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
The crystals work great but don't put the container on any metal. I put one in a stainless steel sink in a boat one time and it caused a rust ring I never could get out.
I agree with the foregoing, from BdPreece. I have used DriZair for several years when I stored the boat, travel trailer, and now the motorhome, and have had no indication of moisture problems. For the motorhome I have been using two canisters, one up front and one in the back. This year I am using three... because I have them. I put each canister in a plastic dish pan or bucket to avoid any spilling that will corrode any metal as BdPreece stated.

Ron... WB7DJV
2000 38' Dutch Star | 2006 Grand Cherokee | SilverLeaf VmsPc Engine Monitor | TST TPMS
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
We use D A M P R I D - The Original Non-Electric Moisture Absorber
, have for years, always with good results. Before I built our RV garage I used a cheap farm tarp to cover the RV when unused. I added extra grommets (doubled the existing) and used elastic cords to keep the tarp taut. Each tarp would last about 4 years before sun-rot ruined it. I never once found a rub spot or chaffing from the tarp or cords. The air conditioner holds the tarp away from the roof enough to allow air circulation. If I remember correctly, the tarp, elastic cords, and extra plastic grommets cost me about $80.
X2 Ray...........I bought a 40' double layer Tarp from CW about 5 years ago, still in good condition. I use it exactly as you described, and with front/rear a/c's plus two vents, solar panel and the rear ladder, there is plenty of ventilation to keep the roof dry all winter long. I would not change a thing, it works great for our climate, and yes we also get snow. Everyone have a Merry Christmas, and if you travel, be safe going down the yellow brick road. Good luck,
David G.

USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
The moisture accumulated from the DriZair crystalls is highly corrosive. Typically you have to check them once during the winter and pour off what has accumulated. It's been my experience that they will overflow if left full season causing damage. For this reasosn I use 1 gallon ice cream pails to put them in. They are easier to carry and less chance of spilling when handling. I use this method for both our RV and boat.
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #18
a k
Newmar Owners Club
I bought a 30ft x60ft tarp from northern tools for $100. Just use it when at the house when the leaves start to fall or the pollen in the spring.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote