Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
THE FLOOD ooohhhh nnnoooo

Have been using two fans to dry the bedroom carpet. When my sister and I were down in Gulf Shores, AL, this past April. We went through the monsoon rain event. Close to 25" of rain in something like 23 hours. The bedroom carpet got soaked. So I figured a roof leak or a lead around the window. I could not find anything that would indicate that. Did not do anything. We went camping a number of times and if we had a wet carpet we didn't know it. Most of the camping was at COE parks and state parks which don't have water hook ups. This last weekend the same thing happen. We were at a private campground and hooked up to water. They have a decent water pressure. The carpet got soaked. Stood there looking at the carpet and thought the only thing close was the water line to the toilet. Shut off the campground water and oopen a faucet to relieve the pressure. One morning I was sitting out back enjoying the morning drinking a cup of coffee. And it darned on me, Wait a minute the outdoor shower is past the toilet on that side. I went into the C and pulled back that carpet cover curb which hides the water lines to the outdoor shower, a large loom of wires, and heat duct to the campartment that has the dump valves in it, to keep them from freezing, and the duct with the gas tank filler tube in it. So its close quarters in there. Started to check for ddrips, and here is what a I found. The outdoor shower hose had vibrated lose, it was not even finger tight. Hopefully that is the leak. Easy fix. Off to the local box home supply store today for a new hose. And turn the fans on again.
Life is a trip,ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Bill

Bill----WWJU
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
If it's been wet off and on since April, you may also have a mold problem. Make sure you spray everything down with mold killer.

RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi RVThere. I have not seen any signs of mold Tom. But that is a good preventive thing to do. Will get some mold killer and spray everything before closing up stuff, and the carpet. Thanks.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Bill
Bill----WWJU
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote