Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
these are my Class C Needs-- What kind has it?

I've had a travel trailer in the past but sold it last year. Now I'm looking at getting a Class C. All I really need is---- a bed, a big bathroom/full size shower, and a recliner type chair.

I work in oil and gas and although my family would do trips in it sometimes, 99 percent of the time, it's just me.

Would also like it to pull my F150.

Anybody know one that fits that description. I'm looking for used but open to new.

rtgintex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
Somewhere someone had a post about one that they gutted. If I lived on the road again I would build my own with a good bed and fullsized shower small microwave and cooktop. but that's just me about 30 years ago. All go no show.

mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
I think you will need to get into the 28 and up foot range to get a big bathroom and it still may not be as big as you want. On an F-459 chassis if you pick your unit you can find ones that will tow 5000 lbs. Check the weight of your truck.

I think you get the most space in the bathroom if you find a layout with a bath like the 317SA in this link:

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

That bathroom is in a most manufacturers in one or two models. That size will also get you a couch and eating area. Sometimes recliners are an option. Couches come out pretty easily as long as they don't have a water tank hidden underneath. I'd look around for what I could find in your area.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
We have a 2004 Winnebago M31C with a GVWR of 14000 and combined of 20000. Have not set my 03 Tundra up for flat towing but have thought I would if we were gone for more than a few months.
I looked at a few class c units with the chair by the door but found that the longer counter was worth more to us and I rather stretch out on the couch to watch tv.
Jpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
thanks everyone
Old 06-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be sure to check the hitch rating of the RV. Many RVs have a hitch rating of 3500 pounds, which probably isn't sufficient to tow your truck. Good luck.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
As stated by other replies, the bigger question is will you have enough GCWR to be able to tow a F-150. I would estimate the F-150 around 6000 lbs +/- 1000 depending on style, drivetrain and stuff on the truck. An accurate scale weight would be able to know for sure. You would need to know the GVWR of the class C and the GCWR of same. You could load the MH lighter and get a bit more toad weight capacity, assuming the hitch is rated for the weight.

No idea on specific model of class C to have your desire for full size bath and shower. My guess is larger size. However, the longer length may be more weight, and then limits on the toad weight. A super C would likely avoid the problem of weight capacity limits, and may have the larger bath area you want. More cost of course....
2005 Kenworth Showhauler truck conversion.
. 44 ft, Cummins ISX15 450 hp, 10 speed, twin screw
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #8
Ford Super Duty Owner
You're looking at a super-C. On the low end, something like a Jayco with a Chevy diesel (assuming used). If you're talking new, a super-C meeting those needs probably starts at about $200k and moderates at about $350k..

If you need a truck and are really staying in one location for a while, I'd definitely flip the request. Buy a 3/4 - 1 ton diesel and pull a 5th wheel. You get a better "house" out of it and a better truck.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
all good info- thanks

thanks for all of the input. I believe I like the idea of finding a super c with age or rough interior and gutting the inside and making it the way I want.

the alternative- and most realistic option--- is likely breaking down and getting that GMC 2500 diesel and a fifth wheel.

class c