Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellsbats View Post
It seems the 29H is set up for satellite only, no cable tuners. Any suggestions?
I believe this statement is opposite of the actual set-up. The cable tuner is built-in each TV.

The 29H Outlaw wiring is set-up for cable TV. There's no dedicated SAT prep lines (raw SAT from the antenna to the receiver).

All a SAT system needs is a coax from the antenna to the receiver. Once the raw SAT signal gets from the antenna (rooftop or portable) to the receiver, the signal is exactly like a DVD player...select the correct channel/input and watch.

The cable TV jack on the exterior can be used for a portable SAT antenna, but the interior end must be connected to the SAT Receiver - BEFORE the line joins the broadcast TV wiring (with signal amp). This can be done by moving wire ends - or with an "A"-"B" switch - or by adding a diplexer at both ends to combine, then split the signals on the single coax.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Anyone who has run an HDMI cable from the rear garage area to the outside TV, of your 29h can you give me a brief synopsis and how difficult it was? Thanks
MJharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #45

Crazy: can anyone tell me why Thor puts a lock on the sewer hatch but not on the gas cap? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Crazy: can anyone tell me why Thor puts a lock on the sewer hatch but not on the gas cap? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
That is an easy one...the lock on the gas cap/door invites fuel theives to cut a fuel line or simply puncture the tank.
This reason is why many people do not recommend adding locking gas caps. One partial tank of gas (siphoning rarely empties the tank) is much less $$ over vandalism repairs.

The lock on the wet bay secures your dumping gear...thieves are not interested in what is in your tank.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #47

Ok, here's another thing to put on the "TO DO" list ASAP.

Alignment.

Yes, I found out the hard way that our cutaway chassis is aligned when it comes off assembly at Ford.

It is NOT aligned when THOR completes the build out. The TOW was way out on my unit, caused my Michelins to be trashed within 15,000 miles, and poor handling.

I asked my RV dealer about this, and they played dumb saying they "don't do alignments" it's up to Ford.

Took the Outlaw to the Ford Commercial Truck Service Center got the alignment ($255.00) bought 2 new Michelins from Tire Rack ($436.00) Mount and balance another ($72.00)

A costly and unnecessary repair had THOR done their job and aligned the unit when it came out of their factory.

If your still under warranty insist "THOR" pay for an alignment. If not get the alinement done before your tires are trashed.
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
from a 3612 5er to 29H

Hello All,
We were in need of a new pull truck for our 2009 raptor 3612 toy hauler. So we talked about it and did not need that big a an RV anymore.
So we were looking for Toy haulers and seen the Outlaw and fell in love with it. The cost of a new truck, camper upkeep, well it was a not starter.
We now have a 2017 29H outlaw and love it. Now the wife can drive and take it to the dog shows by herself. Ez to set up and drive.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy80to04 View Post
Hello All...
We now have a 2017 29H outlaw and love it. Now the wife can drive and take it to the dog shows by herself. Ez to set up and drive.

Come add you ID here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/list...rs-280110.html

Best luck and safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJharley View Post
Turnone, yes please post pic's of your mods. Sounds like great ideas keep them coming.
Posted some in another Outlaw thread, but here are some for those who only search for 29h.

Cheap and easy ladder storage:

Buckets under the garage.

Air compressor, 2.5 gallon air tank and 50' hose reel.

Garage mods: Front right corner is shelf for Honda 2000 generator. Right behind that is 5 gallon water cooler. Hidden chocks in the floor. I positioned them to hold full size sport bikes and up to 4 supermoto bikes. I lowered the original metal cabinet and added a second one above. Just behind them on drivers side wall is hanging spot for tie downs and bungees.

What the floor looks like when you cut it out.

How I mount a 4th super mini moto.

Yes, It's a tight fit, but I can hold 4 super minis.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Awesome modifications post

I am linking to this at the Outlaw Mods and Fixes thread
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...es-149108.html
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy80to04 View Post
Hello All,
We were in need of a new pull truck for our 2009 raptor 3612 toy hauler. So we talked about it and did not need that big a an RV anymore.
So we were looking for Toy haulers and seen the Outlaw and fell in love with it. The cost of a new truck, camper upkeep, well it was a not starter.
I take my 30' class C to the dog show alone too and leave hubby home but my next upgrade will be a garage model like Outlaw!!!