Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #1

Smile Thor Outlaw - Super C

Anybody have any thoughts on this Class C toy hauler/garage unit? I have viewed some you tube videos, but can't find anything on the Thor website for the super c. There does not seem to be a lot of them out there to go and see as well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenny View Post
Anybody have any thoughts on this Class C toy hauler/garage unit? I have viewed some you tube videos, but can't find anything on the Thor website for the super c. There does not seem to be a lot of them out there to go and see as well.
It was discontinued. I think only two or three years.
It was considered a Super C.

Reasons I see to buy this:
Diesel
Ford F550 modern interior/safety/etc.
Better ground clearance.

Reasons I wouldn't but it:
$$$

Saw a new leftover 2014 for sale for 115K. But normal pricing 130-160K.

I just bought the 29H. Happy with it so far.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

Smile Super C

thanks...I suppose we will purchase the regular Thor Outlaw, in the next year or two. Just loved the "look" of the super C and the exterior paint - full body/ oven in the galley, and the fact that it was diesel.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenny View Post
thanks...I suppose we will purchase the regular Thor Outlaw, in the next year or two. Just loved the "look" of the super C and the exterior paint - full body/ oven in the galley, and the fact that it was diesel.
I'm sure they will be some leftover sitting on the lot. If you like the look, I would try to get one. I much prefer a diesel. I have a Golf TDI and Sprinter. I wish the 29H I bought was available with the 6.7 Diesel instead of the 6.8 gas.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:04 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Outlaw 35SG was available new for only 1 year. It was discontinued, but is still available for sale new on many dealerships at this time.

The idea (F550 cab/chassis) is great and there are 5 other TMC Super C's under 2 brands still offered:
https://thormotorcoach.com/chateau-super-c/
https://thormotorcoach.com/fourwinds-super-c/

The problem with the Toy Hauler version (35SG) was that the 15,500lb towing capacity would be wasted with the "toys" being inside the RV vs. in a trailer, behind the RV.

Also the 35SG was about the same price as the Class A Outlaw...so buyers were opting for the Class A Outlaw or buying one of the other Super C's and towing the toys.

BTW, if a motorized Toy Hauler is a consideration, there is a new Class A Outlaw coming with a 13'5" deep garage, sleeping space for 4 in the garage with a drop-down queen over folding bench/bunks and the loft is gone providing a 9'tall ceiling! Called the Outlaw 37BG.
See: Class "A" Toyhaulers

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor