Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2018, 05:03 AM   #1

Thor paint.

New to this forum...quick question. The bed over cab fiber glass top cap has faded very badly in less than 1 year old 2017. Filed a warranty claim through dealer for repaint and Thor declined saying it was our fault for poor maintenance. Imagine if you bought a new 2017 $100,000 car/truck and paint faded in less than 1year? Anyone have problems with Thor support or RV paint issues?
Gamboa134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2018, 06:33 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that it took a problem to get you to join us, but we hope that you will stay with us.

We have a 32 ft Quantum and haven't had any issues at all with the paint, and all of my contacts with Thor have been great.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:00 AM   #3

Along with the paint issue Thor changed out the Mercedes seats for captain chairs at factory. They forgot to reconnect the seat belt switch wire causing the Airbag light to stay on. Dealer said to take RV to Mercedes to fix Airbag light. Mercedes said it was not their issue covered under Mercedes warranty and wanted $435.00 to fix it. I called Thor factory and they said for us to pay for it and send them the receipts and I will get a full refund since they were aware of problem which was overlooked during build of RV. They refused to give me a full refund. They did not want to pay for some items listed in receipt! They only gave me 1/2 refund. Dealer wrote me a check for balance. You are fortunate to get good support from Thor. So far they have not treated us well.
Gamboa134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #4

It's not just Thor. We have the same problem with fading paint on the front cap with our 2017 Winnebago also. It has been well maintained. Washed and waxed regularly. But it does sit outside in the Arizona sun.
I just chalk it up to poor quality materials and workmanship. It is what it is. I'm going to live with it for another summer, and then find someone local to repaint it. A fight with Winnebago about it is not worth the time and aggravation to me.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #5

Wonder if this would help? Rustoleum products are generally pretty good.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rust-Oleum-...SABEgJzrPD_BwE
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:59 AM   #6

I had a Thor sunset trail that faded, with a little yelling they covered the re paint on the front cap.
Daverene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, thor