Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #15

Ed

I sent you a PM.

rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
Ed

I sent you a PM.
Rudy:

PM never showed up in the inbox.

ed

Old 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
TMC Super C's are branded Chateau and Four Winds.
New Motorhomes | Top Diesel Pushers, Class C, Class B Plus, & Class A RV Brands by Thor Motor Coach

Tradewinds is a National RV brand.

The Thread Title and OP have been edited to reflect this.

Thanks to all for contributing
Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
TMC Super C's are branded Chateau and Four Winds.
New Motorhomes | Top Diesel Pushers, Class C, Class B Plus, & Class A RV Brands by Thor Motor Coach

Tradewinds is a National RV brand.

The Thread Title and OP have been edited to reflect this.

Thanks to all for contributing
Best luck
Thanks. I noticed this a day after I sent the original thread and by that time it was to late to edit. Can you tell me how to do this. I have another thread under "Owners Forum" that I need to correct.

thanks
ed
Old 10-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ed,

You are the Original Post(er) author (OP).

For any post that needs Staff attention, just press the little button on the left bar of that post that looks like "!" inside a triangle - to report the post. A short note about the concern is all it takes.

BTW, I looked at the Super C version of the Outlaw in-person (very similar basis for the other TMC Super C's) and thought that it was very innovative in the "house" portion - and the truck is pretty awesome with the F550 design, factory support, innovation, power, mileage, towing capability...etc.

Best luck and Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #20
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Ed,

You are the Original Post(er) author (OP).

For any post that needs Staff attention, just press the little button on the left bar of that post that looks like "!" inside a triangle - to report the post. A short note about the concern is all it takes.

BTW, I looked at the Super C version of the Outlaw in-person (very similar basis for the other TMC Super C's) and thought that it was very innovative in the "house" portion - and the truck is pretty awesome with the F550 design, factory support, innovation, power, mileage, towing capability...etc.

Best luck and Safe travels

Many thanks!!

ed
Old 10-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #21

Ed,

We recently purchased a Four Winds 33sw Super C and took delivery in July. Finally made our first trip two weeks ago. We bought it for the towing capacity - nothing comes close in this price or size range. The chassis and powertrain appears to be excellent but the QC on the coach is not so good. Lots of little and not so little problems, including leveling jacks that don't work, poor fuel fill plumbing that made it almost impossible put fuel in, and numerous interior and exterior fit and finish stuff. The dealer is pretty slow on the repairs and that's a little annoying but we're working through it.
This our first RV so we don't have anything to compare it too but I'm still confident that we will really like it once we get the bugs worked out. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Gary
Old 10-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #22
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsen View Post
Ed,

We recently purchased a Four Winds 33sw Super C and took delivery in July. Finally made our first trip two weeks ago. We bought it for the towing capacity - nothing comes close in this price or size range. The chassis and powertrain appears to be excellent but the QC on the coach is not so good. Lots of little and not so little problems, including leveling jacks that don't work, poor fuel fill plumbing that made it almost impossible put fuel in, and numerous interior and exterior fit and finish stuff. The dealer is pretty slow on the repairs and that's a little annoying but we're working through it.
This our first RV so we don't have anything to compare it too but I'm still confident that we will really like it once we get the bugs worked out. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Gary
Gary:

I see you are from Leesburg also! Although it is Virginia and not Florida as am I.

I followed the ACE forum for awhile and the fit and finish stuff seems to be a Thor trademark. I have had other RV's with numerous issues and as long I can fix the small stuff, it make life easier.

Regarding the slow fill fuel problem. I could not find the posts, but as I understand it, the slow fill fuel problem is probably with the 28 gallon tank. I believe the issue has to do with the vent tube location and it can be repaired. Maybe someone will read this and post.

I guess you probably bought you RV from Reines RV. I use to live in Silver Spring, Md. and moved in 2006. I used to know people who bought from Reines and read about others who were less that satisfied with their service. Hopefully, for you sake, they've improved.

thanks for posting
ed
Old 10-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #23

"Regarding the slow fill fuel problem. I could not find the posts, but as I understand it, the slow fill fuel problem is probably with the 28 gallon tank. I believe the issue has to do with the vent tube location and it can be repaired. Maybe someone will read this and post."

Same problem on our 33SW(s), rotate the fuel inlet 120 degrees placing the vent tube to the top side of the inlet (you may also need to shorten the rubber vent tube slightly or move it so that it stays above the main fuel tube). I had to do this to both the front and back tank, both work well now. Before I tried lifting one side of the RV with the jacks or find a station that had a slope away from the fuel pump but neither work. What was happening was fuel was getting into the vent line blocking the vent air from escaping the tank during fueling.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #24

You're right Ed, dealing with REINES RV service dept is like it was 30 years ago at car dealerships. They have a new service manager and he is saying all the right things so we'll see. I'll be taking it back next month with an ever longer list of problems.

Painterbill, thanks for the info on the filler vent. I'll try that. My biggest problem was with the rear tank. It just wouldn't take fuel at all. The problem was with the long metal pipe that runs from the filler to the tank. It had fallen down and was creating a major low spot in the line. I put it back up and replaced the soft rubber hose with a proper wire reinforced non-kinking hose. We'll see how that works. The pipe was held up with a single zip tie (!) which broke and let the pipe sag.

Gary
Old 10-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #25

I have a 2015 Chateau 35 SK. I have had a few problems. After reading several forums, I have determined that all motor homes have some problems. Let me say that I love the MH. It has so much inside and storage space. The towing capacity was very important to us as well.

Here is a list of my issues:
1. I had the fuel filler problem and it was corrected by the dealer in about 30 minutes.
2. Bathroom heater vent did not work.
3. Small leak in ice machine line. It needed tightening.
4. Rubber covering on steps had to be glued again.
5. Rear view mirror rattled.

Things I had to learn:
1. residential refrigerator lasts from 4-6 hours on battery power before the low voltage warning alarm sounds.
2. Bathroom sink is plumbed into black tank.
3. If the leveling jacks throw a breaker. It is located in the battery box.
4. The mattress was not comfortable for my 230 pound 6'2" self. I ordered a custom mattress because it is an odd size and now I sleep very well.

I love that on 60 gallons of fuel you can go a long way.
The upgrade to diesel generator is a great thing.

I would buy this unit again
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #26
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnhill View Post
I have a 2015 Chateau 35 SK. I have had a few problems. After reading several forums, I have determined that all motor homes have some problems. Let me say that I love the MH. It has so much inside and storage space. The towing capacity was very important to us as well.

Here is a list of my issues:
1. I had the fuel filler problem and it was corrected by the dealer in about 30 minutes.
2. Bathroom heater vent did not work.
3. Small leak in ice machine line. It needed tightening.
4. Rubber covering on steps had to be glued again.
5. Rear view mirror rattled.

Things I had to learn:
1. residential refrigerator lasts from 4-6 hours on battery power before the low voltage warning alarm sounds.
2. Bathroom sink is plumbed into black tank.
3. If the leveling jacks throw a breaker. It is located in the battery box.
4. The mattress was not comfortable for my 230 pound 6'2" self. I ordered a custom mattress because it is an odd size and now I sleep very well.

I love that on 60 gallons of fuel you can go a long way.
The upgrade to diesel generator is a great thing.

I would buy this unit again
Its good to hear some positive things about it. It appears that your is a later edition and maybe Thor is getting things right. At first, I thought it was odd that the bathroom sink drained into the black water tank, but for an RV that size, the gray water capacity is really anemic.

We live about 90 miles from the closest dealer and have not had the opportunity to look at them yet. I was wondering, does the driver's and passenger's seat and passenger seats have power adjustments and heat? From the internet pictures, it does not appear so.

What your MPG?

ed
Old 10-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #27

We bought our 33SW back in June of 2013. Wish I had waited for the 35SK. Mine has the full wall slide which adds a lot of weight to the drivers side. When looking at it from the back, you can see the lean to the drivers side. With the 35SK, you have two small sides on opposite sides to balance each other out. Also, the two motors on the full wall side get a good work out compared to the two motors on the smaller ones.

With the 35SK, if I am not mistaken, all the plumbing, electrical wiring and gas lines all run to appliances/fixtures that are not in any of the slides so there is a lot less chance of problems with the lines moving back and forth with the slides like on the 33SW. They have also done some upgrades from when they started the 33SW to now. The windows are the new frame-less design (less chance of leaking), they designed the doors under the slides to open side ways instead of lifting up which is a nightmare to get in to when the slide is out. On the 35SK, the toilet is located right above the holding tank where as on the 33SW, when you flush, it drops down onto a sliding board which has to travel to the other side of the motorhome before it drops into the tank (greater potential of solids not sliding all the way across unless you follow up with a full bowl of water in the toilet to make sure the solids make it all the way into the tank, not good if you a dry camping).

Have had my share of problems. The vinyl floor had to be replaced due to trash being under the vinyl when installed; bedroom windows leaked and had to replace inside wall, mattress and bed support; kitchen sink drain was not routed correctly and leaked; two blinds broke loose due to the brackets not installed right; could not fill rear gas tank because the filler pipe to the tank was not supported and caused the rubber hose to the tank to collapse; two outside compartments leaked; two mud flaps had to be replaced because they were not secured good enough; the fuel pump for the generator was bad; the screen door was not installed correctly and would not stay closed; the levelers kept acting up until they replaced the limit switches, control box and sensor control; the couch was put together wrong and had to be disassembled and re-assembled; the antenna was not mounted right and would not go all the way down; the rear ladder kept coming loose; one of the slide motors was starting to go bad and was replaced; the slide mechanism on the pantry, sofa drawer and dinette drawer were all installed wrong and had to be fixed; the entry steps inside the motorhome dropped down an inch when we were walking out and had to be raised back up and additional supports installed; the drive shaft was not aligned correctly and was causing a loud growling noise, sent to the Ford shop and when they pulled it out of the shop they hit their our building causing $5,300.00 worth up damage to the left rear corner; more items but can't remember the rest. We have almost 10,000 miles on it and are just now starting to enjoy it (shouldn't have said that, something else might break).

Have to get back to work, but if anyone has questions, just ask.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #28

Water filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
Ed:

Things my dealer fixed;
1) Replaced water pump and filter.. Was not properly winterized while at the dealership before I purchased it.
2) Attach and secure a heater duct hose to the register. ( Kept falling off )
3) Locking bar on the kitchen window fell off. They replaced the whole window.
4) Adjusted the l/r cargo door. It was dragging at the bottom.
5) Adjust striker on the entry door.
6) Tighten microwave to the overhead cabinet.
7) Repaired a bubble on the linoleum floor.
8) Replaced both hinge lock clips on the pull out bed. One was broken.
9) Added length to the bat wing antenna coax up on the roof. Couldn't rotate the antenna fully.
10) Tighten the roof ladder. The horizontal bars had loosened.
Most were a result of about 1,500 highway miles shaking things up a little. That will happen (as I'm sure you know) with any MH or TT going down the road at 65 mph. I now have about 4,000 miles on the MH and all the repairs are holding up so far.

I have added a couple of support screws to a cargo bay floor. Not sure if I had too many weighty things in that bay or not but I noticed a bit of a sag in the floor. I also repositioned two battery cables to allow more room to connect my Battery Minder charger.

The 35SK is a new model for 2014 and I haven't been able to find but one other owner of the 35SK model. I'm not sure if I found him on this forum or not. Could have been another (forum) but best I recall he had mentioned that he had just purchased it. I will do a search on this and other forums and see if I can't find him. Hope this helps
I have a 2104 35SK Chateau. We really like the floor plan and are getting it ready for traveling. Tell me where the water filter is located. I can't find it and was told it didn't have one.

Chris

caponder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, four winds