Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #29

Hello Chris.

The filter for the water pump is located in the water line just above the pump.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #30

Thanks for the reply. My water pump is under the bed and I did not see a filter there.
caponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #31

We have a 33sw bought last March. Went back to the factory for over 6 weeks, cab over came loose. Since then every trip something has happened. This summer the slide out motors burned up in the open position. Took over 4 hours to get it back in and a few weeks to repair. Now it is all little things. The blinds fell off the back window and broke last month. Thor is trying to take care of everything but we are losing our interest and may move on to another manufacturer.

We really like the layout, just wish it was built better, especially for the price, cant beat the Ford truck, runs great and pulls a lot.

Good luck.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
Hello Chris.

The filter for the water pump is located in the water line just above the pump.
Looked again this afternoon, no water filter that I can find.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #33

When ours went back to the factory, they told us it wasn't meant to have a water filter, even though they gave us an extra filter cartridge for it.

2014 Thor 33sw Fourwinds, built twice.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
When ours went back to the factory, they told us it wasn't meant to have a water filter, even though they gave us an extra filter cartridge for it.

I just bought an external for the city water hose.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by caponder View Post
Looked again this afternoon, no water filter that I can find.
Hello Chris. Sorry for the confusion. The water filter I was referencing is the filter for the fresh water tank. There is no "city water/whole house" water filter on my 35SK. I too purchased an external water filter.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We have a 33sw bought last March. Went back to the factory for over 6 weeks, cab over came loose.

Good luck.
Why did it take 6 weeks at the factory to fix it. Did you wait the entire time?
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #37

We waited. The cabover wasn't installed correctly, 80% if the outside had to be repainted, They left out the exhaust fans, the lights in the baggage compartments didn't work, the couch wasn't bolted down, you could see light around the walls etc... It was mostly fixed. I upgraded a lot on my own over the year. It is really nice now.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #38

I have a funmover 39c. Had it 9 years, based on the f750 with a cat c7 engine. I bought it because the ruggedness of the chassis and cargo capacity. The smaller chassis seemed to flex going down the street.

If mine's an indication of what you will see, it's not bad. I've been on top of any leaks, seals, other issues. Upper bunk is fine, reseal the window and seals frequently. Cabinets held up well. Had a problem that grew over time with the rear cargo area. Previous owner hosed it down, some water got between the linoleum and wood. Had to tear out and replace.

We're not kind to it. We camp mostly off grid, no hookups, down nasty dirt roads. (We're riders, mostly dirt) Slide out works fine but does rattle a little. It has survived snow, rain, wind and sand. About 80k now. My chassis components are more like class a diesels, so not really useful to compare. We hope to keep it another 10 yrs.

Chuck
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, four winds