Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #1

Tire pressure monitoring

Plz opine on which tire pressure monitoring system you prefer for a Mercedes Sprinter, 6 wheel rig. Anyone use the Hawkshead brand?
Thx
Gigli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is what I use.

The good things about this model is the new color display and small antenna, the flow thru valve transmitters and they give you a 3 year warranty. It also has an antenna repeater but I haven't used mine and my MH is 38ft long.
The batteries in the tire transmitters last for years. I just replacement mine after 4 years.

You may be able to find this model a bit cheaper.

https://tsttruck.com/collections/kit...-color-display

I found this one for $364
http://tweetys.com/tst507-color-syst...SABEgIm2vD_BwE
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #3

I have a Sprinter chassis and use TST TPMS on both the B+ and the toad. Older system, not a color monitor, but it gives me tire pressures and temps just fine! Also no repeater needed for the toad. Been using TST for a decade - highly recommend!

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:38 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've been using the TST 507 System with flow through sensors on the coach and cap style on the toad since 2011. Very pleased with he performance.

Recently upgraded to the color monitor, less than pleased with the monitor. The color monitor has a limited viewing angle. I moved up higher to be at eye level, easier to view now.

The new monitor appears to have a stronger receiver/antenna, no need for my old repeater.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #5

Tire pressure monitoring

I bought the EEZTire system with 10 sensors so I could monitor the toad pressure as well on my 2017 Dynamax Isata3 on the Sprinter chassis.

It works great and easy to setup, completely wireless. The rechargeable battery on the monitor will go for days without recharging.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I've been using the TST 507 System with flow through sensors on the coach and cap style on the toad since 2011. Very pleased with he performance.

Recently upgraded to the color monitor, less than pleased with the monitor. The color monitor has a limited viewing angle. I moved up higher to be at eye level, easier to view now.

The new monitor appears to have a stronger receiver/antenna, no need for my old repeater.
I have used the TST system since they first were sold here in the states. I recently upgraded to the Color Monitor which is much easier to see in day light. Much better.

It also came with a really good friction mount that sits on top of my dash right in front of me. Really easy to see now.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, tire pressure