Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #29

I just had the 7 recalled LT225/75R16 (LRE) speed rated R (106 MPH) tires replaced with Michelin XPS Rib 225/75R16 (LRE) speed rated Q tires (date code 4713), which were recommended by the 2 Michelin Consumer relations people I spoke with. However, per the Michelin web site, the XPS Ribs are shown as not recommended for use on our E450 Phoenix. I suspect it's because of the speed rating only.

After replacement and a 46 mile trip back to my home, a preliminary report would be they seem ride a little better and track at least as good as the LT225/75R16 (LRE) tires they replaced.

The XPS Rib tires are rated as summer tires but as we've never (and I don't expect to) been in mud or snow, they should serve us well.

As of 3 days ago, the LT 225/75R16 M/S and LTX 225/75R16 M/S2 tires are back ordered for at least 8 weeks. Consequently, Michelin will pay for replacing the recalled LT 225/75R16 (LRE) tires with any competitor's tire as long as they have an LT rating; be load range E, have a minimum speed rating of R and be replaced by a Michelin dealer.

Michelin's recommendation is to replace the recalled tires with either Uniroyal Laredo HD/H LT225/75R16/E 115S or B. F. Goodrich Commercial T/A LT225/75R16/E 115Q All Season tires (both companies are owned by Michelin).

rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm from Canada and just had all 6 tires replaced at no cost to us ordered them and got the tires the next day. You don't need a recall notice the tire shop will have all the papers for you to sign.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #31

I had my Michelins replaced with Kumho tires, I find them much better with far less body roll , a far more enjoyable drive
Old 05-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
JJI

My dealer told me the tires were back ordered for 8 weeks and offered me LTX-AT2 Michelins. Would these be a good replacement ? I have a 2013 Thor chateau 31 f

They did mention they may be louder but I most likely wouldn't notice it on a motorhome

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #33

I would think any of the name brand tires would be ok.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #34

I just got off the phone with KAL Tire. They have 10 in stock - but first come first served. They didn't even call me and I had been waiting 2 months now. Then the guy has the nerve to tell me the tires are free and I have to pay for everything else. Of course, the beauty of the net is that we KNOW we don't but now I've got to contact Michelin and get them to straighten it out.

The guys said his customer Purolater had 150 replaced so far but had to pay all the labour and stems.

This gets really annoying.

Don
Old 07-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
I just got off the phone with KAL Tire. They have 10 in stock - but first come first served. They didn't even call me and I had been waiting 2 months now. Then the guy has the nerve to tell me the tires are free and I have to pay for everything else. Of course, the beauty of the net is that we KNOW we don't but now I've got to contact Michelin and get them to straighten it out.

The guys said his customer Purolater had 150 replaced so far but had to pay all the labour and stems.

This gets really annoying.

Don
Go there and hand him the 800 number so he knows you know Michelin replaces them at no cost to you. My guess is some dealers try to double dip and charge you for installing as well as get reimbursed by Michelin for the install.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #36

I suspect that may be the case. The only guy available was a salesman who handles commercial accounts and until I talk to Michelin (have been on hold now for almost an hour) I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm amazed that so many businesses don't have the smarts to realize that the internet has leveled the playing field and they have a high risk our ruining reputations by such behavior.

Until last fall all three of our vehicles had Michelins. Our new Cherokee came with Continentals and I recently swapped my 2012 Town & Country for an identical 2014 and it no longer had Michelins. I can't say Michelin is helping its customer base stay loyal.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #37

Sat on the line for 1.5 hours and then gave up. Decided to try again but use the dealer option. Ha, ended up in the same que. Gave up there and called their general number and got a very helpful woman in SC. She took it from there and the dealer now fully understands NO cost to me (I called them after she called me back and they seemed a bit humble this time).

The woman in SC also told me that their warehouses are full of replacement tires now so there should be virtually no waiting.

Will report back when they have been installed.

Don
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Just checked mine and all 6 are on the recall - will be calling to find out tomorrow if the one that blew out a couple of months they re-reimburse the cost of replacement. But I will be very happy just to get 6 new as 4 of the 6 I have are close to replacement anyways.

Tags
recall, tires