Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
I don't like the idea of renting because with certain modifications u can get so much more out of your rig. For ex in motion satellite dish makes the ride great for kids
Not to start a war but ford v10 tends to run at lower rims than Chevy v8 but has more heat in compartment.
Floor plan is the most important thing. Find a floor plan that works for u. Most class C have similar frames, suspension, and engine unless u get into sprinter or super c.
For weekending a 29 ft class c is more than enough. People move up to class a gas engine for anything over 34 ft and to get more cargo carrying capacity and bigger storage tanks. People go to diesel pusher usually over 35 ft because in general u tend to lose too much power in a gas class a transmission of that length although the newer gas class as are going out to 39 ft. The only limit to a class c is sometimes cargo carrying capacity and they don't come over 33 ft or so unless u go super c
I like my c because the overhead bunk is great for kids and storage and u don't have to make bed back into dinette. Some class a do come with bunk in front
If buying used have it inspected by independent inspector not just dealer.
Class a diesels usually have air brakes and air suspension which give better ride but with bis twins shocks, anti sway bar, and steering stabilizer my class c rides and drives like a suburban. Highly recommend at least those three mods if for no other reason than safety. The improvement in ride and handling is amazing
Not sure if gulfs tram is still maying class c but with only 3600miles shouldn't be a problem. There are lots of used units out there so take your time

sjn7708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
I have owned both "A" & "C" for some 40 years now. They have + & - 's but the C is easier to drive, has just about everything you need, except exceptional storage, (which you really probably don't need). My biggest complaint on the "C" was the bed. I hate corner beds and small showers. The comfort of a C with air bags is exceptional, as is the handling.

Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote