Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #43

Thanks for all the feed back. I am posting pics to the google link as I progress. I will say this has turned out to be a vendetta against the RV at this point. I do believe I will have a nice RV one day and the cost will be nominal at best. All my investment is in Labor but its fun. The outcome should be a very cabin feel inside with a functional exterior. I am still trying to figure everything out and most of it is as I go. If anybody has any hints for me please respond as I don't want any big surprises at the end and then realize I could have avoided it earlier.
Happy RVing my friends!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #44

From what I could see yesterday and on previous occasions, you seem to have your"rebuild" well under control. For whatever reason I can't access the photos in your link tonight. Perhaps it's just me.

Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:16 AM   #45

Hi Mich, I tried the link https://goo.gl/photos/HAB2aPbo21GYbGNr8 this morning and seems to work for me. I had to click on a "leaving the site" button. Try it again and if it doesn't work for you I will make a new one. Thanks for watching. I will keep posting new pics as I go as this is the album I am making for my memories.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #46

I still can't see the pics . Perhaps its just something with my laptop. With over 4,000 views on this thread, I would imagine if others were unable to view pics in the link, they would say so ?
I just see a pic with your name, (I'd guess) and the title? RV, with dates from June something or other til Sept. 22
Old 09-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang, you are flying right along! Looking great! I like the flashing! Rail!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchaz1 View Post
Thanks for all the feed back. I am posting pics to the google link as I progress. I will say this has turned out to be a vendetta against the RV at this point. I do believe I will have a nice RV one day and the cost will be nominal at best. All my investment is in Labor but its fun. The outcome should be a very cabin feel inside with a functional exterior. I am still trying to figure everything out and most of it is as I go. If anybody has any hints for me please respond as I don't want any big surprises at the end and then realize I could have avoided it earlier.
Happy RVing my friends!
Being in the air craft industry before the RV industry, I am always mindful of weight. People complain about how crappy a motorhome is built. It is thin to keep the weight down. Always think about weight when building anything on the motorhome. I had a friend who refiberglassed his whole motorhome. He had a couple of delamanated places on his motorhome. He decided to use fiberglass cloth and plywood panels and make his motorhome like a boat. It was a beauty. He could not use it because it came out overweight, empty. HE wound up using it as a cabin at the lake. Moral of the story. Keep weight in mind on every thing you do.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #49

I get the site, click on album, then shared, then get nothing.
Just sayin

EDIT: Got it to open, left click on the micro picture in the share page and clicked on open in new tab. in new tab clicked on micro thumbnail and it opened to view pictures.

A REAL LABOR OF LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I still can't see the pics . Perhaps its just something with my laptop. With over 4,000 views on this thread, I would imagine if others were unable to view pics in the link, they would say so ?
I just see a pic with your name, (I'd guess) and the title? RV, with dates from June something or other til Sept. 22
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
I get the site, click on album, then shared, then get nothing.
Just sayin
Same here. Was working fine on a number of previous views - not now
Old 09-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #51

GA Traveler, I have been keeping weight in mind throughout this process. All the framing except the rear wall is 1 x 1.5 custom cut framing and I used the existing aluminum wall rack. I reduced the front cab by 2 feet and will not be stuffing the inside with things I don't want like a dinette. The siding and walls are one and the same 3/8 osb t111. I am using light wieght insulation panels for the walls and will be using the pink stuff in the roof framework. The roof deck is 1/2 3 ply. The floor is made the same as it was when I took it apart. I would love to make this bigger and badder but the weight is a huge concern. Thanks for the heads up. If you have any ideas that can reduce the weight even more let me know but I think I have this under control....I hope lol.

Guys I am sorry some of you are having issues with the google link but it does work so something must be wrong on your end. Maybe you computer thinks its a bad site. Hard to say.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #52

I just discovered that I can see the pics on my phone, but still not on my laptop.
They both open to the same page, but the pics don't show on the laptop, but they had in the past.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I can see the pic's just fine on my laptop and my android phone! Looks like you beat the weather and got it closed in and water tight! Now you can do the inside as time permits! Looking good! Rail!
Old 09-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #54

Wow! You have come so far since the last time I looked. You are doing wonderful work. My hat is off to you with your determination and ability! It is looking great!
Old 09-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #55

The link is now working again on my laptop, so I see the pics.
For some reason there was no scroll bar on the right, to see the pics yesterday ??
Looking good. Are you going to install vinyl flooring ?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #56

Wow..I just looked at the pictures and came to the realization that my problems are almost nothing in comparison. It's as if you have to replace your own heart and spinal cord with a dull putty knife and I have to trim my toenails with a dedicated toenail trimmer.
For me it's the cabinets made with cheapo particle board and the screw holes are all stripped out so it's really just a matter of new cabinets. To me it's not a big deal, but to the Mrs I might as well be trying to build a nuclear powered aircraft carrier with used q-tips.. She thinks this dinky project will cost millions..
I made new doors before I realized that the holes are all stripped so it's the case of one repair leading to another to another to another and on and on..
I showed her your pictures so now she's completely convinced that I'll have the whole RV stripped down to the bare bones too..
Hint: I'm not, but I'd like to.

Tags
class c