Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #1

Trailer hitch wiring for 2007 Seneca 34ss wanted

Apparently the wiring is incomplete on 2007 Senecas as they come from the factory.
Does someone have a wiring diagram to make it complete for towing a unit with trailer brakes and to charge a battery?
I intend to install Prodigy brake controller and want to know if the GM harness will plug into the fuse box like in my
2003 GMC truck and if and where a fuse needs to be installed too.
Thanks, Kev

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Kev

The owner's manual for the 2007 indicates that it should have come with 7-pole trailer wiring, which would provide brake control and charging in addition to lights etc.
The manual indicates it's provided/installed by the Chassis manufacturer (before Jayco gets it)...
Is it possible somebody removed the harness???

Towing wiring is on page 54 of the manual-
pdf at Jayco Owner Manuals | Cunningham Campers, Inc.

Hope this helps

Francesca

Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #3

I did check the manual out thanks for that bit of info.
I found it to be misleading in the owners manual and called Jayco mfg to ask and clarify.
The charge and brake signal wires are not present and need to be
added for the 7-wire connector to operate correctly on a trailer with axle brakes and a battery to be charged.
I am having some repairs done at a Jayco dealer and opted to have them do it and be done with it.
I appreciate the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hi, Kev

The owner's manual for the 2007 indicates that it should have come with 7-pole trailer wiring, which would provide brake control and charging in addition to lights etc.
The manual indicates it's provided/installed by the Chassis manufacturer (before Jayco gets it)...
Is it possible somebody removed the harness???

Towing wiring is on page 54 of the manual-
pdf at Jayco Owner Manuals | Cunningham Campers, Inc.

Hope this helps

Francesca

Tags
wiring