Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
TV replacement cabinet

I have searched and searched but can't find ideas (suggestions) for my latest project.
DH has removed the big old heavy TV from the front side cupboard on our 2003 Minnie. We have the entertainment center in the cab-over, not a bed.

Now what are ideas to
1. modify the inside of the cupboard?

2. Attach a new flat screen TV?

3. Add cupboard door(s)? I would assume we could get a good match from a diy store. The opening is 23.5 inches with the inside being much larger.

4. We did purchase an articulating tV arm; where/how might it be mounted? We don't have to use it tho.

5. Now that we have access to the cabover, should we consider adding insulation to the whole space behind the entire cabover space? Is so, what type?

We are not big tv watchers, but occasionally it would be nice.
Any and all suggestions, ideas, wish-I-had, photos are welcome. TIA

Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie Class C 29B'

Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

Looking forward to replies, Mike. I, too, have '05 tv in overcab space and would like to have ideas for remodel. Good luck in your pursuit. Will follow this post to see what happens.

Marc, the goldwingman
2005 Itasca Spirit 29B
2005 Honda Goldwing
goldwingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
Go to a local kitchen fabricator with one of your other cupboard doors and the exact measurements, they can make you up a matching door out of solid wood. You now have a very solid place to mount your new TV. Be sure to get a heavier than required latch and support struts to handle the weight of door and TV.
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #4
Murf2u is right. I've seen that type of mod.. In effect the TV becomes your cabinet door.
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407081942.002654.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	69782

The attached shows how I placed my flat screen on the full slide. I have a 2007 Monaco Esquire, class C.
Packard49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
We had a door made to cover the hole that hinged at the top and then mounted a flat screen TV to the door. Used heavy hinges and gas struts to help hold the door open for access to storage behind the TV.

coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote

replace, replacement