Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #15

Jayco made the Greyhawk on the 5500 chassis with the 8.1L gas - old 454. We test drove a 2007 that still may be on Craigslist (Gig Harbor WA). Drove nice and seriously considered it, but went with the Seneca diesel instead.
Harleyman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #16

I have a class C Winnebago Itasca Navion 23 feet 2007 motor home with 10,000 miles on it. Like new, hardly used for sale. I get approximately 18 miles to a gallon. Diesel. If you need more information, contact me by phone at 203-915-6460 or my email address, howarddavis@prodigy.net.
gemologisthd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
"Will probably be a Super C. Then the battle of gas vs diesel ensues. Hope this helps."

Perhaps you guys can HELP me. Agreed a 30+ class C on a e-450 chassis is way too low on OCCC, especially if you tow even a small toad. I am NOT interested in a diesel, I want GAS.

Are there any 30+ class Cs out there that are GAS on anything bigger than a E-450 chassis?
I have only found that the 2017 Born Free Imperial comes with a F-550 GAS chassis. Are there others out there on any comparable chassis? Really would love to know, thanks
Look at the Gulfstream line. They have some super c models with gas engine, most look to be in the 2005 to 2010 year range. Slightly lower price point than the Seneca, at least partially due to the lower cost gas engine.
Hope that is somewhat helpful.
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:48 AM   #18

RVlegal,
Here are a couple of RV Trader links that might interest you.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...DURA-121157729

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...dura-116701185

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/EZ-...6370-120176952

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/RVs...er-C-119854917
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #19

Hey thanks for the links looked at them all I am pretty set on the 2017 Born Free Imperial but with the GAS option, I know, I know I have spoken with some of the guys at Born Free and I like their style, help and most importantly their flexibility in building what you want. Definitely not a cookie cutter operation! It will cost but quality and what you want usually does.

I believe the F-550 XL, with XLT trim upgrade, chassis in the end will have sufficient OCCC for my purposes and will be able to boondock in state parks, national forests and blm lands. The gas option saves about 700 lbs right off the bat over the diesel. It is well under 12 ft, 33 feet long and with the liquid spring system will be safer and a have a better ride.

I hope to finally get this show on the road by October 2017. Have been a boater all of my life and sold my Monterey 282CR this past September. Only started thinking, reading, youtubing, iRV2ing and learning about RVing in January of 2016. Never ever realized that there was so much to learn about. The overall life style and things like the type of rig, which rig (Boating much much simpler), where to go, when to go, how to go, toads, towing methods and apparatuses and brake systems, TMS, GPS, solar panels, types of battery banks, composting toilets, WI-FI & cell phone Boosters and antennas, satellite TV systems and the list goes on.

And as I laugh to myself, I just barely got started and don't even have my rig yet Thankfully, I have at least test drove a few As and Cs and did plenty of "tent" camping as a kid and teenager. So any suggestions, comments, help and advice you may have is always welcomed and greatly appreciated

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyman55 View Post
I was really hot on the new Dynamax 5 Series, its built on a Dodge 5500 Chassis with a Cummins. But due to the quality of the materials and all the goodies (which were admittedly incredible for the money) dryweight was 18060 which only left 1440 left for water, people, gear and hitch weight (I tow a trailer with a couple full dressers). It was a great rig for $134K but the numbers didn't add up at least for me since I wanted to tow a trailer and carry 4 adults.

It might be an expensive approach, but with a LiFe battery pack upgrade and a few other related electrical system upgrades, it would not be hard to pull 500+ lbs out and still increase the battery storage capacity.
harryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #21

We have had camped in a tent, then a converted bus, Class A motor home, 22 foot pull camper, 30 ft fifth wheel and now a Class C. Shari will drive the class C. It is a Forest River Sunseeker and it will sleep 8 comfortably. We have not taken that many people with us at this time. It has a 450 Triton 10. It pulled fine in the mountains. It did take more gas going up the mountain passes. The worse fuel mileage was 6.5 and the best was 13.
We have found a toad to pull now.
sthorinek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c