Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #15

I converted our bus myself and with 2 ppl and full fuel the front is 9640 and rear is 9647. Front axle cap is 10,700 and rear is 15,000.

Tire cap is way over the wt.

DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity00 View Post
I called the dealer for an explanation and he tells me that by the time you have a full tank of gas, no water, you have already reached your GAWR. I asked about the weight of two people and supplies...He was quiet for a few seconds.
So... now, it looks like I have to trailer the bike to be legal.... that sucks!!! I should have bought an other Class A... Live and learn.
Dealers and manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves for selling a product like that. I too learned the hard way (but cheaper) when my brand new hybrid TT had all of 300 pounds of cargo available on it once the propane was mounted on the front and the hot water heater was filled.

Talk about disgusted !!!

It taught me one of the most important lessons when buying ANY RV; check that OCCC label !!!! Its right there, in bright yellow. Read it, understand it, and use it in your decision making process.

Dealers and manufacturers should still be ashamed of themselves for selling a product that is overweight almost right out of the gate, however its not like its exactly hidden from the consumer. One need only look.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #17

yes, what a 'hidden' none asset it is to own one like this. Right now looks like my rear axle pinion bearing is going south. It's humming under acceleration, hasn't gotten worse but at 55 mph it does hum rather loudly. Am hoping it is an easy fix but doubt it. also hope that when fixed it stays fixed for long time.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #18

Dan I had a motorhome that had a howler, had the MH for 13 years and it never got worse.
Ya never know!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:33 AM   #19

I took it to a dealer, ring and pinion, said not to worry about it.

Tags
weight