Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Came across a guy that had a large cooler fixed to rear of RV , he put laundry in and added detergent and water , then drove an hour , drained and refilled with clean water.
Removed clean clothes when he parked for night .
I've seen this as well as 5 gal buckets. I've asked how well it works and I've been told it works OK - not great for badly soiled, but OK for normal wear and tear.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnjim6 View Post
Thanks everyone for the very useful information, but I have decided to hit the creek and use the rocks to get the job done But when the quarters are plenty, I will buy a spendite (sp). In the meantime, I will use a laundramat at Wally's world. This is 29 footer so I should find room.

Off topic, but I plan to drive two thousand miles soon, therefore, what would be a comfortable daily mileage plan. 'am a newbie and do not want to fall asleep at the wheel......Yikes?

Thanks again for the washing and other info.

James

PS: The new paint job with a new design will be finished and this coach willl be ready for pickup next week. I am excited
Make sure you use environmentally-friendly detergent in that stream!!

As for driving fatigue, I'm sure most people are different. We usually plan on ~400-500 miles per day, depending on how early we get started. The good news is, we can stop whenever we wish to rest, walk around, or take a nap! Have fun.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Caring for a Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
I'd rather use the space for other things and do our wash at the CG laundromat. It also gives me a chance to socialize and meet other campers. Sometimes I do wash small stuff by hand and hang it in the shower or outside to dry.
I am newbie and plan take a cat along. Are there any speciail considerations? I dont want loose her
abnjim6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #32

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
I am newbie and plan take a cat along. Are there any speciail considerations? I dont want loose her
Special considerations? Yes, don't put your cat in a washer, whether a Splendid or Laundromat machine. According to how fast the cat can run, it is O.K. to exercise them in a dryer for short periods of time!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the "RVing with Pets" section of the board for lots of info. RV'ing with Pets - iRV2 Forums
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to rickjmiv
Check out http://thelaundrypod.com. Laundry Pod. For another option
rickjmiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Make sure everyone traveling with you knows to keep the door or doors closed at all times. Also the cab windows of Class-Bs and Cs, and those with no screens in Class-As. A cat can escape from a small space. Some cats easily figure out how to open RV screen doors. When moving it's safer for cats to travel in carriers. In an accident they can become flying missiles (which can be deadly) or even be thrown from or escape from the RV. Never let her leave or enter the RV on her own, always carry her in her carrier. It's so sad to see those lost cats in the CGs wandering endlessly looking for their owners who never return for them. Keep washers and dryers CLOSED. Cats have died in these things when the owner didn't know they were in them and turned them on.

Also, get her chipped.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #36

Personally 400-500 miles is a lot of driving that equates to 8-10 hours a day behind the wheel. Unless your in a big hurry you are far better limiting yourself to no more than 5-6 hours a day behind the wheel.