Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #1

Water System Problem 2001 Coachman Leprechaun

Hello All,
right off the bat I am a newbi to the RV world so please bare with me. Immediately after filling the fresh water and I move the knobs back to the normal position. the setup I have is in the pic that I borrowed from an older post. The water pump kicks on and starts to pump water back out of the city fill intake connection. So in my mind on how the water system works is that anytime a faucet / valve is in the open position the water pump turns on and water comes out. ( Please correct me if I am wrong in this "assumption"). So I am "assuming" (there that word again assuming) one of the 2 valves that I turned went bad. First of all when I google to try and find these valve I am getting more info on there searches. If anyone had to replace these type of valves where did you get them from? thank you in advance for any help.

Bryan
Attached Images

traveler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
There's a check ball in the fitting where your fill hose connects, sometimes that spring loaded ball becomes stuck, tap that ball with something through that fitting and see if you can get it to seat. when it seats, it prevents the water from coming out when the pump's on.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrocharlie View Post
There's a check ball in the fitting where your fill hose connects, sometimes that spring loaded ball becomes stuck, tap that ball with something through that fitting and see if you can get it to seat. when it seats, it prevents the water from coming out when the pump's on.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ X2, Bryan ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or, if that fix only works temporarily .... install a new fitting. Pretty simple job. I got mine from Amazon (love that "delivered to my door...fast" feature.) Camping World is a bit cheaper, but the one I bought off Amazon is brass ....... the CW one is all plastic.
https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1...s%2C178&sr=8-2

Your city water fitting may be recessed so it is flush with the side of the RV; Amazon will have those as well, I believe.

Good times and safe travels.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
re: city water inlet, if the SCREEN dome is facing inward, it can press the button on the check valve and cause the leak; CURE is to remove the screen and install w/ dome facing outward. Hope this helps, otherwise valve may require cleaning, or replacement. Luck to you.

Tags
problem, water