Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #1

Wayfarer owners?....your feedback requested

Hello, I am a new member. I have been researching rvs in general
the past year but more intense the past 3 months: long story short
we have narrowed down our choice of a class C to Tiffin after doing
a lot of research and doing a personal tour of the factory in Winfield AL
to see first hand how it is constructed in detail. Most importantly,
I am looking for a manufacturer that will back up their products and
cares about their customers after the first 12 months. I believe after
researching and hearing from tiffin owners the Tiffin Wayfarer....
will be a great product in the big picture along with having the best
experience i could have when problems arise because of the Tiffin
culture.

I looked at LTV but was not impress with their finish or any better
quality than Tiffn along with their prices being significantly expensive...
the dealer said they cannot come down in price with LTV...either way
No floor plan works for me and i really don't think the compete well
agains the wayfarer signifigantly. Yes, a fancy looking interior, but
I find it lacking in many ways.

I discounted Winnebago View or Nation against the Wayfarer ...due to
a less quality product but even more so b/c of the horror stories from
brand new owners that get very little help from winnebago with problems.

Well, again, any owners of wayfarer....just wondering what your experience
has been.

Lastly, any comments out there about avoiding theft with your rv....security
systems, deadbolts, theft of exterior compartments? Wondering if a
specific security system is out there that is the best.

thank you for taking the time to read this....kim and mark
2KITEflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

Have you looked into Coach House. I have owned two. A family owned business with outstanding customer service They only sell factory direct, but warranty work can be performed by any shop. This means any independent RV technetion can do the work so you don’t get caught up in the “we didn’t sell it” mess. PM me if you want more information. They are located in Nakomis FL
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:50 AM   #3

2kite, can't answer any questions about the Wayfarer but thought I'd let you know if you weren't already aware, there is a write up on the Wayfarer in the new issue of Motorhome magazine that just came out. I will tell you this; owning a Tiffin class A was an exercise in futility trying to get warranty work done until I finally found a good service and repair shop. Wasn't Tiffin's fault, just that the dealer where l purchased was terrible ( North Trail RV ). Don't know where you are but Land Yachts in Jupiter are fantastic to deal with for service and Tiffin authorizes warranty work for them. Best of luck. Oh, BTW , I just ordered a Coachhouse, wife and I are downsizing.
islandbum561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #4

thank you all for your quick response. the forum sharing is so helpful and yes i will check into Coach House. I was not aware of that manufacturer. Also the information about Land Yachts is very helpful since we are only 45 minutes away from Jupiter. Thank you all
for your feedback.
2KITEflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #5

We've had our Wayfarer since March (#6 or 7 off the line). We've been very pleased with all the Tiffin folks especially David Miles (svc mgr) and Bobby White (gen mgr Winfield). Ours originally had the sleeper sofa in it, but I really wanted the booth/table so we had it swapped out recently. We're getting ready to head south for winter so I've been reorganizing my storage-ability.
1KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
LOG

According to Motorhome Magazine, with the Wayfarer, the motorhome has 450 pounds of carrying capacity. That means 450 pounds for you, your spouse, clothing, food, etc.
LOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #7

The OCCC seems to be a floating number. I was just reading another article which listed it at 850, which still doesn't seem like much, hence the reason for my reorg. We will also be trailering our Slingshot on an Aluma and I hope we can put some heavier items on it.
1KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The OCCC is a floating number because it is based on the weight of that particular coach.
Different options, different weights. Anything less than 1000 lbs, IMHO, means the coach isn't suitable for anything much more than tailgating parties. Unfortunately, that's the downfall of most of these Sprinter based coaches.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
We have had our Wayfarer for a couple of months. We absolutely just love it especially my wife she loves to drive it.We downsized from a Solitude so we had a lot of stuff we never used after staying in our 5ver for 4 months in Ft Myers we got rid of a lot of stuff so when got our new Wayfarer it was perfect only thing I miss was my Big Grill so we are looking for a smaller one.Really looking forward to our big trip planned for visiting The Grand Canyon and going to a Young Living Convention in Salt Lake City Utah so hope this helps and Happy RVing and Safe Travels.
Reedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I recently bought a new 2017 Wayfarer. Before I bought it, I called the factory to see what changes had been made between the unit I was looking at and the current builds. Trent Tiffin answered all my questions and then offered to update the 2017 if I bought it and was willing to come to the factory. I asked him what the cost would be and he said, "We'll just do it for you". I figured that's as good as customer service as one can find, and I liked the Wayfarer anyway, so I bought it and drove right to Winfield and had the upgrades done. They treated me like royalty, and did all the upgrades in one day by pulling a few guys off the assembly line. David Miles was my contact there, and he took me on a factory tour and introduced me to the staff. He also took me out to lunch as the upgrades were being done. As I was leaving, I told David that their customer service was the best I had ever experienced, and I meant it.
You can't go wrong in dealing with Tiffin!
tripledigits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #11

We just bought a Wayfarer and love it. The engine pulls well and cruises at 65-70 mph on the interstate. It looks well put together, but we have a few fit & finish issues to deal with. Coming down from a 40 ft RED the ride is not as bad as I thought, but you know there is no air suspension.
cajuncamnper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club

We love ours [emoji106]
Reedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #13

We are also looking at the wayfarer, but have a family of 5. Has anyone looked at adding a seatbelt to the larger 70 inch couch option. If I could solve the 5th person restrained seating issue, the unit is otherwise perfect for our needs.

Also, does anyone have any pic's of how the rear slide queen rides when the pull out is in?

thanks for any input!
christaulbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by christaulbee View Post
We are also looking at the wayfarer, but have a family of 5. Has anyone looked at adding a seatbelt to the larger 70 inch couch option. If I could solve the 5th person restrained seating issue, the unit is otherwise perfect for our needs.

Also, does anyone have any pic's of how the rear slide queen rides when the pull out is in?

thanks for any input!
Sorry to break it to you, but the Wayfarer (or any other Sprinter based coach) is not for you. It is ideal for a couple of adults and a pet or two but not 2 adults and three kids. First off, there is not enough seat belt positions to handle your family. There is not enough OCCC to carry all of the humans and their clothes, food drinking water, and so on.

Your better off with a larger Class C or a small Class A which generally have more OCCC to deal with your family and all of the stuff you will need.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote