Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Got a new sewer kit. The one supplied was junk.
Surge protector is a must. Had a lightening strick on our last trip.
Water pressure regulator a must. One cg had 70 psi pressure.
L fitting for water connection point.
Outside in-line water filter.
FORD wrench for cg sewer fittings.
Extra hose for black water flush.
Don't over stock with tools.... carry basics.
Extra fuses, light bulbs
Extra oil for generator
Could go on for ever!

Thanks for the heads up and Thank you for your service to our country. I bought a small tool kit as one of the first things and I also bought a Rhino crush proof hose and I am using the one they gave me as an emergency backup. I am alos concidering a hose buddy. I was told by the dealership to run the generator for 50 hours then bring it in as it has “break in fluid” in it now. I know not to use synthetic oil in the generator but what weight is best? What is a Ford wrench?

Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Davinger

I have upgraded the coach on board radio from The Magnadyne M1-LCD to the Magnadyne M4-LCD with the iPod adapter. I was going to go for the docking station but my dash is already full.

I am waiting to see how the Verizon 4G system comes online before I start adding that kind of equipment.

I think I will add a Tire Pressure Monitoring system. Any suggestions as to who makes the best?
I've had great luck with my TST TPMS.

offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
hmmm, in the circles I hang in, a Ford Wrench would be a hammer...
I think looking at the context, he was thinking as large pipe wrench or channel locks.

Silly thought... Have you wieghed this new RV yet?

Packing all this stuff might be a bad idea. We carry no extra sheets, dinnerware for 6, just a couple extra blankets, only the pans we actually use... and our Knight has a ccc of a couple of tons.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ya I checked the ship weight and I have about 1500LBS if I allow 5000 LBS for a tow vehicle and a full tank of gas and 5 gallons in the fresh tank. I am taking kids and their friends so each sleeping surface has 2 sets of sheets and 1 blanket since it has the capability to sleep 8 i have 16 plates, cups, forks, knives, and spoons and 8 bowls. My plan is to change the used sheets after each run. I used light weight items to conserve fuel and carrying capacity. The only thing I went heavy on was the 2 ply RV/Boat toilet paper.
What I am looking for are the things people don't think of. Like the water pressure regulator, surge protector and tire pressure monitors.
My in laws bought a camper and pulled it off the lot to discover that they didn't even have a hose sewer or water. They didn't even have any chemicals for the black water. So this post is more of a public service announcement and I even found things that I didn't know existed.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #19
Here are some suggestions:

RV Road Trip Library - What Do I Need In My New Camper?

RV Road Trip Library - What Do I Want In My New Camper?

2004 Gulf Stream Conquest 6236 Ultra Limited Edition 24' Class C towing a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4x4
RV Mods and Upgrades | The Blog - Full-Time RVing on a Budget | RVnumber.com?1
RVRoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
Buy a ERS plan from Coach Net. You will need it sooner or later.
2005 Dutch Star 4015
Cummins ISL
2007 Honda CR-V
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #21
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Norm4015 View Post
Buy a ERS plan from Coach Net. You will need it sooner or later.
I live in Florida and they consider an ERS plan the same as an insurance plan. I currently have 3 ERS plans 1 through my insurance company, 1 through Ford, and the last through the 5 year extended warranty company. The beauty of they being called "insurance" is that if I get it towed or serviced I can send a copy of the bill/ bills to all 3 and get remembered 3 times and it is completely legal.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on your new purchase! One thing that I put in mine was a portable air compressor (it weighs about 38 lbs and draws about 13 amps). I'm rather particular about having the right air pressure in my tires (actually I just took off my stainless steel wheel liners because I couldn't get to the values...they are a PITB, yes I have extensions etc).
  • I bought a 3-C Cell MagLite with the C-Clip holders and mounted by the door.
  • Mounted the "door bar" by the actual door instead of 32 feet away in basement. It's a little bar the keeps your door from closing.
  • Depending on how you hook up your city water I bought a 90º bend (actually have 2 just in case one doesn't work, did I mention they are brass?)
  • Water regulator is a must (I have 2 just in case)
  • In-line Water filter (connects at the supply...yup have 2)
  • 25' water hose (yup 3 actually...I was in Camper's world and found a 10' and 25' that looked like mini-fire hoses LOL make that 4 ..extra 25 footer)
  • A "T" type water connection that has a valve on one side and the hose on the other...yeah never know when you will need another water connection
  • Collapsable 3 gallon water bucket (curse you CW curse you)
  • Windshield cover (keeps the sun's rays off your dash)
  • Using a collapsable hamper as a trash can (note put a trash bag in it LOL)
  • A broom and dust pan
that's all I can think of right now
2017 Thor Tuscany XTE 40BX
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
ReadyBrute Elite w/Surge Braking System Tow Bar
CbtEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #23
Ford Super Duty Owner
So far I have the following: (many of the things are as a result of this thread.)

1: Bigfoot Auto leveling system.
2: Maxair vent covers
3: 30amp inline surge protector and locking case
4: The snooze bonnet by ADCO. That took care of my AC woes
5: ADCO RV cover
6: 2 drinking water 25foot hoses and 1 25 foot hose for the sewer rinse
7: 4 wheel chocks
8: 200 piece tool kit. (has come in very handy.)
9: Water pressure regulator, (Learned that one the hard way when an external hose burst at Ft. Wilderness Campground) and a T connector for the hoses.
10: 15foot crushproof sewer hose.
11: The fitted grates for the Fridge, Hot water heater vent and the furnace vent to prevent insects from building nests.
12: Slide out awnings
13: Plush insert for vent
14: Rubbermaid containers tote fit each of the lower compartments to keep things extra dry!
15: Brake controller and skirt for back bumper for towing.
16: iPod connector for radio (the radio takes control of the iPod)
17: 10 outdoor cloth chairs with covers. (The coach sleeps 8 and the kids want their friends to come.)
18: gloves for handling sewer hoses.
19: Large orange and black sticker that says ESCAPE POD and front license plate that says the same.
20: Sticker that warns DANGER Vehicle goes into hyperactive without warning stand clear of hyperjets.
21: Chrome Terminator skull hitch cover that the eyes and nose light red when breaks are applied.
There are things that are on my to get list yet like but not limited to:
In line water filter
Fridge aerator
Tire covers
Extra caulking
New locks for lower compartments (My in-laws camper has the came key as I do…)
Spare tire
Spare tire cover
4 way lug remover
A subwoofer for the coach to make the sound better…
Who knows what else but I am sure it will become much like my old boat…

Forgot to mention that I have an American Flag and yellow ribbon light string for awning...