Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
What are these two wires for?

So in my 2013 Thor Four Winds 32A I have these two wires next to the TV booster box that just come out of the cabinet (the red and white ones)...any clues to what they are for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV wires.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	34100  
MacQude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Probably for any additional 12v items. I would use multimeter to figure out voltage. Red maybe power, white probably return. Could possibly add a 12v t.v. or such there.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #3

Did you measure to see if there is voltage on the wires?
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Yes there is 12v coming from the red. There is a TV located on the other side of the cabinet. The plug above the two wires supplies power to the TV.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #5

The previous owner or an optional factory item needing 12V was or goes in that location, sory can't be of any help on that. Good luck.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
If the t.v. is 115v, then you have options to change to 12v, or use it for what ever. Some coaches wire it both ways, put 12v and 115v there. Some t.v. are 12v, others 115v, depends on who is supplying the t.v.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Libero said it better than me.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I'm the original owner, so this would not be for satellite hookup of some sort then I guess, maybe? I was thinking it must be for something that works with the TV...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #9

I have a Four Winds 31f , it has the same wires in the back of the coach over the bed with a coax cable also. I had the factory send me the wiring diagram and these wires are labeled satellite prep. On the schematics. Hope this helps.
Brent
737brentc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you coach is factory ready for a roof satellite antenna that is what it would be for. The roof domes need 12 VDC to power the antenna motion motors. Part of the installation would include an On/Off switch for the antenna that is normally installed in the anticipated location of the receiver. On my 06 Hurricane power is from the same circuit as the dash radio from the BCC.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote