Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Well after our epic winter, I was finally able to pull our 2015 Greyhawk out of storage today. Just like last fall when we first picked her up last fall, I had the feeling and conclusions that our Clarion radio was terrible. Well it says that it is HD ready and Sirius ready getting the parts to hook it up for that has not been easy and given what we paid for a brand-new motor home you would think those features would all be working

What type of radio do you have in your Ford e- 450 motor home. Even if it's not a Greyhawk the dash area is about the same do you like what you have?

I need to replace this integrated entertainment ....

Help!
I just swapped ours out with an in dash7'' screen dvd player w/ gps and rear camera....wife watches dvds going down the road, camera turns on when I hit reverse..and gps works great

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had one of these installed as the Ford factory radio display crapped out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

I also saw that they have a Kenwood marine radio w/ Bluetooth for about $90:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KMR-M3...31NCWQYPD0F6XQ

Having the NOAA Weather channel is nice when traveling in the RV.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #17

Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Jensen on my 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun. And yes it is a pile of poop. No GPS and iPOD integration only via nonexistent integration cable. No Bluetooth. About the only thing worth having is the Backup Camera integration. No need for the left and right cameras but that isn't the radio's fault.

Interested to see what else others have and if any after-market opportunities exist.
I just bought the same MH yesterday CMalberto!

I had that exact same unit in mine however I was kind of lucky. I was really into stereo systems when I was a little younger and KNEW JENSEN SUCKS! Jensen is a terrible system for just about anything.

I had them swap out my system for something with GPS and all the gadgets and my only stipulation, beside that fact that it needed everything on it, was that it was not a JENSEN.

If I had to do it over I would probably take my MH to a car stereo place and have them look it over and install everything right there. Thing about it is the RV places sell and fix MH problems, not very good at stereo's IMO. Plus when you purchase a new stereo from like Car Toys (I am just using Car Toys for an example, I am not endorsing them) the installation is free!

GL in your quest for great sound

Mike
Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman35 View Post
I just bought the same MH yesterday CMalberto!

I had that exact same unit in mine however I was kind of lucky. I was really into stereo systems when I was a little younger and KNEW JENSEN SUCKS! Jensen is a terrible system for just about anything.

I had them swap out my system for something with GPS and all the gadgets and my only stipulation, beside that fact that it needed everything on it, was that it was not a JENSEN.

If I had to do it over I would probably take my MH to a car stereo place and have them look it over and install everything right there. Thing about it is the RV places sell and fix MH problems, not very good at stereo's IMO. Plus when you purchase a new stereo from like Car Toys (I am just using Car Toys for an example, I am not endorsing them) the installation is free!

GL in your quest for great sound

Mike
So what radio did they go with? And does it integrate with the 3 cameras? Do you like it and how does it sound? Just curious.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #19

Moved my old home Pioneer system to the RV with two Jenson speakers (very nice speakers) and a Sony 300 disc CD changer under the dinette seat. Guess you could say I like my music.

dano726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #20

Update to my 7/10 post

Winnebago did replace the obsolete radio with a newer model Panasonic. I now have Bluetooth and a few other functions. That is all i need. Thanks Winnebago!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
So what radio did they go with? And does it integrate with the 3 cameras? Do you like it and how does it sound? Just curious.

Hey Cal I am truly sorry for taking so long in getting back to you. It has been a nightmare in finally bringing the MH home! Between hassling on price and everything else...

Anyway they added a Pioneer Avic-5100nex and I love it so far. It has GPS Nav, Bluetooth, Sirius radio, Cd, USB and integrates with all your back up cameras. I haven't played with it a lot yet as I just finally brought my MH home yesterday. But it sounds good and has all the bells and whistles you would need.

Sorry it took me so long

Mike

Tags
radio