Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
WDW

What radio do you have

Well after our epic winter, I was finally able to pull our 2015 Greyhawk out of storage today. Just like last fall when we first picked her up last fall, I had the feeling and conclusions that our Clarion radio was terrible. Well it says that it is HD ready and Sirius ready getting the parts to hook it up for that has not been easy and given what we paid for a brand-new motor home you would think those features would all be working

What type of radio do you have in your Ford e- 450 motor home. Even if it's not a Greyhawk the dash area is about the same do you like what you have?

I need to replace this integrated entertainment ....

Help!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jensen and it sucks !
Radio is fine, trying to figure out how it works w/o manual (downloaded one) still sucks! DVD player goes to TV's but stops and buffs! All devices are connected to screen (backup side cameras/GPS (a joke)). Need I say more? Oh....and my Bluetooth didn't come connected. Missing overhead Mic to talk back. Need I say anything more?

Excuse me if I sound a little pissed off. (sore subject) Called Jayco and they didn't have Jensen Mic in stock! (geeee ) So waiting for that.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #3

Jensen on my 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun. And yes it is a pile of poop. No GPS and iPOD integration only via nonexistent integration cable. No Bluetooth. About the only thing worth having is the Backup Camera integration. No need for the left and right cameras but that isn't the radio's fault.

Interested to see what else others have and if any after-market opportunities exist.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #4

My Itasca came with a touch screen Pioneer radio (double din so approximately 7" screen). It is an older radio model although the coach is a 2015. Pioneer offers an iPhone integration cable for it that allows supported apps to display their contents on the radio screen but the feature only supports the iPhone 4 and 4S so that's pretty much worthless to 98% of the population. It does play your iPhone audio over the speakers even if it's newer so I'm finding that to be good enough. No hands free calling because there is no bluetooth in the Pioneer. I'm not sure how well that would work anyway because the wind and road noise is a little much and I suspect it would overpower the microphone.

Winnebago does offer a pretty darn cool looking fully integrated "infotainment" system in some higher end models but it doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. It's an OEM only unit. It has satellite radio, bluetooth, Rand Mcnally RV GPS, backup camera, and all that other integration builtin. It will even connect to the speakers back in the coach. One model has dual screens... one of them being 10" and the other one smaller. You can check it out here but I don't think we can buy it anywhere.
jodpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Junky Jensen in my 2014 Thor. Seriously thinking about replacing it...
Dave1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #6

My Itasca has the high end system you mentioned. It ain't that great. You can do a lot better aftermarket.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfiedler View Post
My Itasca has the high end system you mentioned. It ain't that great. You can do a lot better aftermarket.
I appreciate that. It makes me feel a little better about not having it. We don't full time in ours. We are a long way from retirement so I can't justify the cost of something nice for the ten or fifteen times a year we get to go somewhere. Mine plays my phone through the speakers and I have just about anything anyone would want to listen to on my phone so we will call that good enough.
jodpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #8

Buy a Bose radio with bluetooth and be done with it.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
Buy a Bose radio with bluetooth and be done with it.
Our rig came with the premium setup because we wanted the navigation unit. What we found is that we never use it. Additionally, the backup and side cameras are displayed on the radio display, which washes out really bad in the sun.

We bought a SiriusXM Onyx EZ with a vehicle dock and use that for our music instead. We also have their boombox accessory so we can take the Onyx EZ radio, attach it to that, and then have music by the campfire, or at the house too.

We only get to spend about 90 days per year camping, mostly via 3 day weekends, but we do have a few week long trips every year, and having the same stations wherever we go is nice.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #10

Last fall I changed out our stock Delco headunit for a Dual XDM260 ($50 at Walmart). At the same time switched the worthless 5.25 house speakers with Pioneer 6.5's. It sounded terrible before and after working on it I understood why. They put one front delco speaker in series with two of those 5.25's and equaled to over 12 ohms on both sides. The delco's are 8 ohms a piece so still need to change those out. The stock harness didn't have the rear hook ups so they took the easy way out.

The only regrets I have are not getting one with a remote. If it was so difficult to change I take the Pioneer from our Escape and change it. Bluetooth would of been nice but the aux input works just as well. After I change the doors speakers might think about a sub. Sounds decent and gets loud enough so may not mess with it for a while.

For the house originally the Jayco had a surround sound but that had been pilfered. Just used a old set of logitech speakers and sub for a computer and hooked it up via the line out on the TV. No complaints but don't use it will boon docking which is ok for su.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:21 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
A Sony, I rewired it so it operates off the coach battery and put it on my "Phantom Load" switch. Phantom loads - Things that don't turn off when you turn them off.

Anyway, the radio is to complicated, all I want is a nice AM/FM that will scan and has a few presents.

I'll find one....
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:02 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kenwood TS2000, Kenwood MT-33. Icom 02-AT and 2-at, bofang (or howevr they Chinese spell it) In campground but not yet in house.

Cobra,midland and Radio Shack CB's (Assorted models)

And a pair of Pioneers..One Dash,One home theater.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Our Winnebago View has 2 Jensens- dash unit has Nav,(big learning curve-We use Nav a lot, & like it) bluetooth(just OK), iPod connection(good). I would like better, but , I have spent enough on radios-I am living with it

Back Radio plays DVD, iPod, and has outside speakers that we Use All The Time. It is complicated/hard to understand the instructions ( I thought it was defective until I finally lucked onto the setup for iPod) It is actually pretty good.

I think RV Electronics are added for Glitz appeal, & we should just use what we got, or buy better. By the Way, Our TV is Jensen/ King Antennae-and I am Amazed at how good it is, and amazed at the Channels I can get without a dish/booster.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #14

What radio do you have

Pioneer AVH-1600DVD in new 2015 Minnie Winnie. It is a good radio and DVD, but to hook up my Android phone it takes an adapter from Pioneer which is obsolete. This really means the radio was obsolete when the MH was built. Personally i think Winnebago should replace it but they probably won't.
Raymez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio