Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2016, 04:53 AM   #1

What was the one feature you really love. Pilfered from Class A forum...

I saw this in the recent discussions panel and thought I would borrow it for Class C....

After a couple of years with my first RV, my gently used now 14 year old Four Winds, I would say it's the simplicity of the unit. My 16 year old is going to change the oil, flush the cooling system, and change all of the cooling system hoses today.

The only thing I didn't like was the entertainment center. When I purchased it I told the sales person I would be removing the over cab entertainment center to make a bunk he looked at me side ways. It was a good thing I did. I found a leak from poor maintenance, and not because it's a Thor, I had the bunk decking and all damage replaced in a long weekend. Once again the simplicity.

My slides always work. Because I don't have any. My levelers always work. Because they are in little blue bags in the storage compartment.

After going to many RV shows, looking at endless new/used units with many more options than mine. I think I found the right fit. I sure would have liked to have all of that stuff, but I have found over the years I just didn't need them.

For what I use it for. The idea of just going to the storage yard, firing it up, loading the fridge, and taking off. That is what I really love.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
X2.simplicity works for me too.I have one slide for the sofa, no dinette, floor plan works either slide is out or not. Thing I love the most though is the screen door bar I added my first mod
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #3

We like the simplicity of no-slides in our Lazy Daze with the ability to carry just over 3000 lbs (CCC) with 58 gallons of water. And so far, we've been able to upgrade, repair, and replace most things ourselves. For example, winterizing takes us 30 minutes if we go slow! R in RV is for recreation and NOT for Repair.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #4

I can see your points, all of you, I owned 3 Motorhomes that were as you describe, simplistic by design. Then, I bought a Discovery with 2 slides, and couldn't believe how we had ever lived with out them. What that thing turned into was amazing.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In our 2013 Itasca Suncruiser 35P: #1-The king size bed. #2-Abundance of storage. #3-The beautiful full paint scheme.
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FR 2801QS cabinets over cab instead of a bunk. A/C w/ heat pump.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, forum