Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
If you do not have valve extenders for the inside duel I suggest installing them...it makes checking the TP much easier. You also need a good quality tire gage that will hold the pressure on the gage until you read and release.
The MH is fairly new to us. Less than two weeks old. I'll have to get down there to see if the valve extenders are on the tire. I do have a quality
Acu Test pressure gauge.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
Do the regular auto parts stores carry truck tire gauges?
I'm not sure but I would think so. The one I use came with my VIAIR 440RV compressor kit (bought on Amazon.com). You could check Amazon or Camping World for just the guage.
Todd

Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Do the regular auto parts stores carry truck tire gauges?
That might be hit or miss. I'd check with a truck stop like Pilot/Flying J or buy one on line.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'd be interested in hearing what brands of tire inflators forum members have used and think are good. I've been going around and around reading reviews on Amazon that I'm not sure would apply for use on an RV. My tires require 61 psi. Any and all suggestions would be gratefully received by one one who knows nothing about these things. I read about some units that connected to the 12v accessory connection and blew fuses and fried the unit. HELP please!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I'd be interested in hearing what brands of tire inflators forum members have used and think are good. I've been going around and around reading reviews on Amazon that I'm not sure would apply for use on an RV. My tires require 61 psi. Any and all suggestions would be gratefully received by one one who knows nothing about these things. I read about some units that connected to the 12v accessory connection and blew fuses and fried the unit. HELP please!!!
Did you look at the link I provided you in post #2 of this thread?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Sorry, sorry, sorry Rick that I confused you. Yes I did read that thread! I was only hoping to get a number of suggestions especially since I cannot use a gas unit. Maybe I should just refrain from asking anymore questions. It's hard being a newbie and not knowing what's going to be the wrong question in the wrong place at the wrong time. My apologies.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Sorry, sorry, sorry Rick that I confused you. Yes I did read that thread! I was only hoping to get a number of suggestions especially since I cannot use a gas unit. Maybe I should just refrain from asking anymore questions. It's hard being a newbie and not knowing what's going to be the wrong question in the wrong place at the wrong time. My apologies.
No need to apologize or to stop asking questions. I didn't know if you were asking a new and different question which hadn't been addressed.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 07-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi monik7,
I would highly recommend one of the VIAIR compressors. If you do a search on Amazon several should come up. Cost wise they are on the higher end but they are built to last. My wife bought me the 440p Rv kit for Father's day last year shortly after we picked up or Cambria. This is a kit specifically built for RV use and is made to fit into the small outside storage bays. It comes withe everything you will need, compressor, 60 feet of hose, quick connects, quality truck tire gauge, all in a nice fitted canvas carry case. The whole kit only takes up half of one of my mid sized bays and weighs about 14 pounds. A lot of people have good luck with the pancake sized Home Depot or Sears branded compressors. I have found that though they are considerably cheaper than the VIAIR and will most likely do the job, they are also heavy, loud, and to large to fit into the smaller storage bays of a class B or C which already have limited storage capabilities. Hope this helps you out.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs
Hi monik7,
I would highly recommend one of the VIAIR compressors. If you do a search on Amazon several should come up. Cost wise they are on the higher end but they are built to last. My wife bought me the 440p Rv kit for Father's day last year shortly after we picked up or Cambria. This is a kit specifically built for RV use and is made to fit into the small outside storage bays. It comes withe everything you will need, compressor, 60 feet of hose, quick connects, quality truck tire gauge, all in a nice fitted canvas carry case. The whole kit only takes up half of one of my mid sized bays and weighs about 14 pounds. A lot of people have good luck with the pancake sized Home Depot or Sears branded compressors. I have found that though they are considerably cheaper than the VIAIR and will most likely do the job, they are also heavy, loud, and to large to fit into the smaller storage bays of a class B or C which already have limited storage capabilities. Hope this helps you out.
Todd
Thanks Todd. I'm definitely going to check out the Viair. Sounds like it might be just what I need.