Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #29
I studied the different configurations other there; Class A, Class B Class C, TT, Fiver, popup or van but for our use the C was our best option for now. After we see if we really like this lifestyle we may move up to an A but not for a while yet.

The Class C; more specifically, the Born Free Class C, has a wonderful safety record...no fatalities in any unit ever...so far. It is also very well made and solid. The floor-walls-roof are all attached together. The cabinets help to hold the roof and the walls together to make the rig stronger and less likely to rattle. It also has 3 steel roll bars built into the design.

Our MH has some upgrades that we find very nice but also has some short comings too. Lack of large storage compartments makes packing things a real jigsaw puzzel. Some things have to ride on the bed because they won't fit anywhere else but that is a minor inconvience. We can fit anything we currently need in the rig. If not, then we can fit it in the toad which has a lot of storage room and even fully loaded we still have excess CCC; which is due to no slides.

The C drives like a medium duty truck..because that is what it is. The visibility out the front it just like a car..the cab over area does not block the view at all and the huge side mirror really help see those cars sneaking up on you. The rear camera was a great mod I added and I run it all the time as a rearview mirror. It has a day-night adjustment and I can tilt it up or down to get a different prespective on the road or the toad. It also "sees" in the dark with infared so I can see what is behind me in the dark.

We with we had more living space but the cost of that was moving to a different manufacturer and losing CCC and safety.

For us, for right now and the way we use it, it is fine.

2008 Allegro Bus, 42ft QDP, 2007 Spartan chassis, RS3000 Xantrex inverter, 2001 Acura MDX Toad, Blue Ox baseplate, Blue Ox Aventa LX towbar, SMI Silent Partner, Toad Charge, Cobra WX75, Garmin GPS/XM
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #30
WE have been looking at class C MH's also.
I like the Bornfree President. Not much smaller than what we have now in a class A.
We have looked at the Dynamax E & F series. Another we have looked at is the Jayco Melbourne. I do not want a class C with the cab over hang. Right now we still owe too much on our class A to dump it.

Tom & Bonnie
2008 Winnebago Aspect 29H
A Class C Not a B+
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:08 AM   #31
Had to be a C only thing my DW would allow me to get, had to have the bunk for the grand kids.
Maybe as they get older we can try an A but that looks like a long time down the road, and down the road is where we all want to be.

Richard & Sheila

Neko & Nilla
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote