Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
In reply to Timons post, all Winnebago Class A s have a steel passenger cage upfront, the box is also reinforced that is why they are used for medical buses, cabinets and appliances are bolted to frame.

Exactly.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #58

We purchased a thor outlaw class c. We have motorcycles. Price was the biggest thing and a lot cheaper Peter to work on. Since it is a ford E450 it is a lot easier to work out n specially in our location. We don't have many places that can work together n Rv's here in California. Where like acted near Yosemite National Park. At the present we are have solar installed and a lift kit put on. Love the class C, less parking issues.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #59

Send a message via ICQ to randyandally Send a message via AIM to randyandally
Yep I wanted a Class A and settled for a C because of the price difference. I needed wiggle room in our budget because most RV's I saw had terrible Tech appliances. TV's, stereos, speakers all poor quality. We didn't look at anything over 150,000 and maybe over that range would have some good quality items in them. we spent a total of $5000 on upgrades we would have had to spend on anything we bought so better to buy $5000 under budget to afford it right? Our Coachmen Freelander is 4 years old and has better quality cabinetry and flooring than the new ones. We replaced the TV's, stereos, and are in the process of replacing the furniture. -The couch and dinette are not in yet- It will be essentially new when we are done, has a lot more storage than any other Class C's I have seen, and we really like the floor plan with a queen walk around bed separate from the front. As others have said it is easy to maneuver parking lots and we are never limited in RV Parks. A class C also has the area over the cab to be used as extra storage if you don't have someone using it as a sleeping area. All this being said if I were full timing I would want a class A for the space.
randyandally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #60

For what it is worth....I went from a Monaco Diplomat 38' 2004 to a Dynamax Dynaquest 34XL 2009 two years ago....class A diesel pusher to a class C, both of similar value.
I love the class C when it comes to driving and towing, way better than the class A. The class C is more limited when it comes to storage and way more limited in gray and black tank storage. What we notice the most is the black tank storage and the engine noise. I love the class C but my wife would trade back to the class A tomorrow. We are generally towing a trailer to the race track for a long weekend and then heading home, not really full timing. Full time RVing would probably exaggerate the class C limitations, in my opinion.
cliffj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, class c