Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Aspect

I have been looking hard at the Winnebago Aspect 27K which is a new floor plan for 2013. I would like to hear from other owners of an Aspect as pros and cons to the coach, gas mileage and any additional information to help make my decision.

Thanks for tour input.

Redbay jojo

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2005 Aspect 26A. Bought it used with 50,000 miles, we've put 13,000 on it since and are about to put on another 4000 in September.
Aside from a small roof leak at the front cap seam (since fixed) we haven't had a bit of trouble with this coach.
I added a Steer Safe which improved the handling considerably. The only thing we're not crazy about is the rear corner bed, but we've gotten used to that.
Gas mileage with no headwind @60mph is ~10mpg, maybe more. With a good tailwind we've gotten 11.7.
Winnebago builds a good unit, they have decent customer service and you can get manuals, parts, and diagrams/schematics off their website. We would definitely buy another Winnie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #3

We have an 08 29h Aspect. MPG runs around 8 to 9.5.
Just finished trip to CA. The E450 handled the mountains very well for its small engine towing 4200# toad.
I feel Winnebago makes a very good RV. Our second from them.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbayjojo View Post
I have been looking hard at the Winnebago Aspect 27K which is a new floor plan for 2013. I would like to hear from other owners of an Aspect as pros and cons to the coach, gas mileage and any additional information to help make my decision.

Thanks for tour input.

Redbay jojo
Hi redbayjojo,
We have the sister to the Aspect. Our 2011 Itasca Cambria 30c is just under 32 feet. We have made no modifications for handling and it drives with no problems. I can usually drive with one hand on the wheel. The only time it wanders is if a semi speeds by and then it is only a minor push. We got the rear air bag option. I set all six coach tires to 80 psi, the rear air bags to 50 psi, and carry about a 3rd of a tank of water. Over almost 5 thousand miles so far we have averaged 8.5 mpg while towing just under our 5k limit.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #5

I'm purchasing a 2007 Aspect, 29H. It has 17,000 miles or so. Apparently, an older couple owned it, didn't use it too much, and decided to stop traveling. Hence, it's being sold with a dealer. We're down in Mississippi for the winter, and we're trading our 2000 24' Yellowstone for it. It'll take a bit of getting used to, driving a bigger unit. But when we drive to our home on Prince Edward Island, Canada, in March, we'll enjoy it. In the Yellowstone, we had to sleep on the pull-out couch every night; that was a pain. Now we'll have a queen bed we can walk around. No more having the wife crawling over me a couple of times a night, heading to the rest room!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Aspect 27K

I have a 2013 27K purchased in June of 2012. This is my 9th Rv and I am very happy with this rig. Comfortable ride, easy to drive, handles well and is pretty quiet. Fuel mileage is 8.5 to 9.0 towing and 9.5 solo. Storage is great. I have had some problems but none have been Winnebago issues, all equipment supplier problems. The motorhome looks great and gets lots of positive comments. I drove a 30 foot Aspect but the 27 just feels like it is much more connected to the road.
John
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #7

Hi All...first post and a newbie looking at appropriate RV choices. Right now we seem to find the Aspect and Cambria 27k models best suit our needs. Does anyone know of some other class C's with similar accommodation arrangements that we should also look at before we make some decisions? Sorry for the thread necro...but this seemed like the best place to post my question!

Tags
winnebago