Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #15

Interesting posts. I have wondered how comfortable the mattress is, anticipated upgrading it. There is a very large dealer just a mile from Winnebago headquarters and they seem to have a large inventory. Would be convenient to visit the factory if I purchase one from them. Seems there are a lot of happy owners. Have done major research into the dingy and all I have discovered indicates a 4000 lb Jeep Wrangler should be no problem to tow.

I have looked at the Class B models, Airstream, Winnebago Era,and a few others, all built on the Mercedes Sprinter 3500. I really like them and think one would work. Problems with my purchase are several. Have to look around to find proper grade of diesel, I would have to travel a good distance to the nearest Mercedes dealer that works on the Sprinter. Don't mind the generator, smaller than Aspect, 2.5K vs 4K, running off of propane but like better the generator pulling from the gas tank. Towing capacity about equal. Much more bathroom space in the Aspect.
Really glad to hear all the positive comments.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #16
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
We have changed out all of our RV mattresses for sleep number mattresses. This is the first coach that we have not done it on. I have spent more time traveling in the coach than Pat has so I finally got my side set this last time out. But it was not easy.
The camera set up is a challenge. I have sent a list of suggested changes to Winnebago and one of them was the position and tilt of the 6" screen. My last 36 class A had the camera set up and I really liked it. It is very handy in construction. Turn on the right had camera and you can look over at the screen without turning your head. I use it a lot.
I can not seem to get the gas mileage that you all get. I am towing a Lincoln MKX at about 60 to 65 MPH. I average 7.2 to 7.5 MPG. Last trip to the South Padre Island I was not towing and got 7.9 MPG keeping at 60MP. Any insight would be appreciated.
I have high jacked this so I will include my email I you want to respond that way.
jimpenrodjr@gmail.com

Old 05-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #17

We put a memory foam topper over the nice mattress provided by WB. It is very comfortable. The original mattress is head and shoulders above either of the factory mattresses provided in our 2 previous TTs.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #18

My mileage is between 7 and 8 too.

I am a retired furniture dealer. I sold Tempurpedics and have 3 in my stick home. My last coach had a sleep number brand queen.

This Cambria has WBG answer to the sleep number. I put a quality 1 1/2 inch topper on both the air beds and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they slept. The WBG is a little harder to adjust but we like it.

I can't speak to what WBG is putting in standard. Just remember, these are 75" queen length and you will really limit yourself on what you can change to after you get it home. I've looked at what's at Camping World and they are laughable.
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
crh97–Do you recall the brand of mattress topper and where you bought it? There seems to be dozens out there and I'm not sure what's good and what's not.
navcom48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #20
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
The last one we bought was sleep number and it was short. I believe that I measured the platform at 76 inches and sleep number matched it. We ordered from sleep number. Could not get from store. We only got mattress and equipment.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #21

I actually was selling a lot of very comfortable pillow tops made by Spring Air. I knew the owner very well. He sent me the foam top and I trimmed it by 5" at the foot. I have heard a lot of guys sing the praises of the Costco toppers. The foam can be trimmed with an electric knife or just about any good shears, etc.

A real queen is 60 by 80. an RV queen is many times 60 by 75. Many times, residential sleep sofa queens are 66 by 75. However, there is so much slop in the quilting machines, that it's difficult to measure exactly.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:16 PM   #22

Tiffin is (I think) still using sleep number brand mattresses as a premium option. I am not surprised that sleep number offers one. I find the air beds to all be too firm without some help from better foam. But, I'm sure some of the air beds come with better toppers than the 2 I've owned in my RVs.

On a completely unrelated note, about 2004 I actually proposed to Tempurpedic to let me market their mattresses to premium RV companies. They were selling so many residential units, they weren't interested enough to have a serious conversation. Tempurpedic was one of my most successful lines and I sold a lot of good lines. People loved them and they were and are trouble free.

Tags
winnebago