Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Winnebago Aspect

Have just about decided on getting a new Winnebago Aspect. Would appreciate any help, suggestions, comments from other Aspect owners. Love these forums and the amount of information one can receive.
SeniorRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

We shopped around a LOT before finding our 2010. No regrets! The u-shaped lounge is great! Do the new ones have the funky trunk? We saw a 2012 that had it and found it oddly interesting. Ours doesn't have a large enough storage compartment to put in stuff like folding chairs, table, etc so we keep them behind the driver seat.

Enjoy your new toy!

2010 Winnebago Aspect 28B
RogerRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #3

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #4

We have a Cambria which is the sister of the Aspect and are very pleased with it.

Have had a few bugs but no complaints about floor plan or anything major we would like to change.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

We have had our 2008 Aspect 26A for about 2 years. It has been a great rig. We especially love the huge U shaped dinette and all the upgrades that a prior owner must have paid a fortune for. The overall quality is great. I would have appreciated another foot or so in the bathroom and while the corner bed is workable, a walk around Queen would have been much better. The E450 chassis is great and mine had the rear airbags which are good to have. Ours now has about 44,000 on it and we look forward to many more miles and adventures.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #7

We bought a "like-new" 2013 Aspect 30C 2 weeks ago with 6,000 miles on the odometer that had been stored inside a large garage. Pleased w/ the quality and can see that Winnebago has thought out some of the small details that other manufacturers overlook (of course they all have warts - on some, you just have to look harder to find them).
Looked at several other brands before choosing the Winnebago. Able to drive with one hand with no bad manners when being passed by 18 wheelers.
Coming from 5th wheel travel trailers, I miss the large storage bays and the torque that I had w/ the diesel truck but everything is a compromise. Also miss having a black tank flush - it is my understanding that Winnebago has added this to the new models.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #8

We have an 08 Aspect 29H. Very pleased with it. This is our second Winnebago product.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #9

We've put 8,000 miles on our 2015 30J and love it. The large "trunk" is what sold me on this unit. Most Class C's come up short on storage space, but not the 30J. One word of caution is on loading. The "trunk" is well aft of the rear axle, and it's size invites overloading. I have learned to pack like I am loading an airplane, with an eye on weight and balance. Never run with more than 1/3 of tank of fresh water.

Great rig for two.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
We are on our second Cambria and are very pleased. Our latest one is a 2015 Cambria 27K. We have put a little over 6000 miles on it. These have been flat land and Rocky mountains. Performance towing a 2013 MKX Lincoln was very good. We run about 65mph and get about 7.5 to 8.5 mpg. The new coach is much quieter. The dog house must have extra insulation. Ride with the air ride rear suspension is good. I run about 45 psi in the air bags. Will add about 4000 miles this summer.
Any question let me know.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #11

We have 2015 Aspect and love it! Did 11 states last year and starting our travel again this year. We had a few little quirks in the beginning but all has been fixed. We put on 8,000 on it last year and going to do it again this year.
Love the recliners and we upgraded the mattress to a sleep number which is much better for hubbys back.The lg rear compartment is real nice !
One drawback is the left and right turn signals are built into the gps/radio which seems useless.If your goingto Iowa be sure and visit the Winnebago factory tour and see how they are made!
Btswrkn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Btswrkn6 I don't understand comment about turn signal built into gps/radio? What one do you guys have 27D, 27K, or 30J? You have the infotainment system? Ours is the Cambria. The only difference that I can see is the colors.
What is the gas mileage that you are getting? Glade that you guys are enjoying it. Is this your first Aspect/Cambria?
Old 05-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #13

We have the 30j with the infotainment system
Gas is about 9 mpg and yes this is our first Aspect/Winnebago, we are grey and white ,tan interior
Btswrkn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:34 AM   #14

The turn signal in the gps/radio thing is a reference to the side cameras being displayed on the infotainment screen when the turn signal is activated.

I agree, the feature is pretty much worthless. Between the glare on the infotainment screen and the poor contrast in the camera feed you can't see much on the screen. I never use them, always rely on the mirriors.

We had a sleep number mattress in a prior coach and loved it. So when we got the Aspect with Winnebagos' version of the sleep number I was happy-until I slept on it a few nights. The things is either like sleeping on a rock or in a trough. The sleep number slept a whole lot better as I remember. I'm considering a change out on the mattress, but not sure whether a sleep number is the answer or a memory foam. What are some of the other folks here sleeping on?

Tags
winnebago