Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago View vs Coachmen Prism Quality?

Looking at two Mercedes chassis class C's....Specs between the two are similar except the price of the Coachmen is about 15K less yet the Coachmen has higher capacities except at the hitch.... The Prism 2150 LE has 50% larger exterior storage capacity, 18 gal additional capacity in freshwater, 50% more LP gas capacity but reduced towing capacity of 3500# vs Winnebago's 5000# hitch.....The Coachmen Prism also has composite Azdel walls..... Is the Winnebago quality/resale worth $15K more than a similar equipped Coachmen Prism?

mdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
I own a 15 View G. As far as specs go the Sprinter is limited to 11k this my limit your load more than the size of tanks. WGO is a good company. Go to the two owners side. Read a lot. Drive the two units and buy the one that makes you happy.

KH 2015 Winnebago View G
Coffie Drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
It's worth noting the black and gray water tanks are only 28 gallons in the Prism; about 25% less than the View. One other consideration I wouldn't overlook is resale value. I'm guessing the View would do a little better here.
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
No contest, winnie in my book. This should really be a matchup between Winnie, Leisure Vans Unity, and Airstream.

For me it would be a toss up between a gently used Unity and Airstream.... and maybe I'm biased, but I'd probably end up with the Airstream.

Don't get me wrong though, the winnie certainly fits into this triple comparison.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
We ended up with the Prism 24J - the floorplan worked better for us than the View. The extra propane was a big factor, too, since the genny is propane powered...
Two and a Hound in a Prism "B+"
1st 50 done, working on the 2nd pass!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
We looked at everything we could see in person over the course of two years and bought the 2017 View 24J. We had a deal worked out on a very similar Navion at a well known dealership a day's drive away but the local Winnebago dealer gave us the better offer.

We didn't like the some of the design choices on the lower priced Jaco and Coachman Sprinters. In many cases this boils down to personal preference but the lower cost options are often missing things like, steering wheel controls, slide toppers, spare tires, awning covers, etc. I appreciate many smart design aspects of the View / Navion such as being able to close and lock the access panel after deploying the shore power cable, same with the city water access panel.

Propane? We just completed a 4500+ mile trip where we were boon docking often and didn't come close to using half of our propane. We were using the cooktop, and running the fridge and furnace on LP often. We also ran the LP generator for about an 1.5 hours to give it its monthly exercise. In addition, propane can be easily found at many fueling stations.

Perhaps this kinda stuff doesn't make up the price difference to you, but perhaps it will. Good luck in knowing and finding what you want.

Ron and Kelly
2017 View 24J Profile
US Air Force Ret
Canyonlands is offline   Reply With Quote

winnebago, quality, coachmen