Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #1

Winnie 27q - CCC and thoughts?

Does anyone here have a Winnie 27q or qp ? We are interested in hearing your option, and knowing what the posted CCC is for your unit.

We are considering one for full time living, small light, nice layout for us and hopefully lots of power to pull a toad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club

I believe you will find that a 27Q will have a sticker which shows the OCCC rather than the CCC. The OCCC is the GVWR-the UVW as is the CCC; however, for the OCCC a full tank of both fuel and propane is considered to be on board for the Unladen Vehicle Wt. This is all covered well in the RV Forum. Go to rvforum.net>RV Forum Community> Glossary....just to "know what you are looking at" so-to-speak when you view the sticker.

Suggestion: There is one of these for sale at PPL with Auto Levelers, Awning, Generator, etc. Go to pplmotorhomes.com>Class B and Class C Motorhomes then click "Cleburne" to view it. When I was still shopping, I called the Cleburne lot to ck the date code on the tires on a unit I was interested in. They went out on the lot, wrote the date codes down and called me back later the same day!! (The tires were older 'n dirt, BTW). Anyway (before I bought my rig from a private party) I talked with folks at 2 of their lots and they were most helpful. You may have to tell them where to look......mine (a CCC sticker on an older WGO) is on the back wall of the bedroom closet (it's not itty-bitty).....but they can be anywhere.

Good luck in your quest.

youracman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:13 AM   #3

Thank you for the reply I will see if they can find the sticker for me.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #4

I have an Itasca Spirit 31K (a few feet longer and heavier than what you're looking for), but it's the same trim line as the Minnie Winnie. My OCCC is 3,275#, which is more than a lot of Class As I've seen..
Old 07-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I have an Itasca Spirit 31K (a few feet longer and heavier than what you're looking for), but it's the same trim line as the Minnie Winnie. My OCCC is 3,275#, which is more than a lot of Class As I've seen..

Wasn't expecting it to be that high, if that is the case I can quit worrying. Are you happy with the 31' length?
Old 07-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes4u View Post
Wasn't expecting it to be that high, if that is the case I can quit worrying. Are you happy with the 31' length?
Actually the 31K is 32 1/2' long. I don't particularly like the length. I much prefer the length of the 24' Class C I had prior to this one. I haven't towed a car with it, and don't really want to, but will probably end up towing. With the 24'er I could pretty much go anywhere. Not so much with the longer one.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Since I have a 31' I will respond. We went from a 40' DP down to the 31' And i was not all that sure about the down size. I was lobying for a 42 tag and the wife the smaller coach. She won and I am after a year happy with the coach. It does have one slide and for full time I would look for a 2 slide with an east west bed, this will give tons more wardrobe space wich we are short on. We are not full time but do get out 3-4 months at a time with 4 season clothing and hobby things. Ours has the larger doors on the bays and I would insist on this for larger storage items chairs and BBQ. We have yet to find a park, State park or federal park we can not fit in and this includes Forest service summer parks in the nation forests which can be small. The coach it self is big enough we can each get away even in bad weather or watch TV, one in the bedroom area and one in the livingroom. The only thing we don't have in this coach is an inverter and that can be a rather cheap fix for the bigger appliances, I do have a couple of the 300-400 watt plugins for small item. Good luck with the search.

LEN