Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Won't start after battery replacement

I have a 2010 Jayco Greyhawk powered by a Ford E450. I neglected to remove my batteries prior to winter and they died. I installed a new battery from a Ford dealer and vehicle shows no sign of power. Double checked installation and even tried to jump and charge with my car. Still no sign of power. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. Iím trying to avoid having coach towed to the Ford dealer. Thanks for any suggestions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe a silly question, but is your coach equipped with a battery disconnect switch?

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you sure you changed the chassis battery? The one under the hood should be it. Also- do you have a meter to check voltage at the battery? It's possible the battery isn't the problem- was there any sign of life from the old one before you removed it?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
I'm not aware of any battery disconnect. Jayco dealer also couldn't help by phone. Yes, I removed the battery under the hood and had it tested before replacement. BTW, house battery is also dead, but I haven't replaced it yet. The dealer said this won't effect starting. No, don't have a meter. Are you suggesting that wireing is the problem? But where?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Thanks guys. You have given me something to think about.
Bob
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #6

Battery disconnect is for the house battery not the engine battery, at least according to my 2012 greyhawk manual.

Do you get dashlights, Ign lights? if none of these maybe the ground is bad or if it has it maybe the chassis fuse is blown.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs C Class View Post
I have a 2010 Jayco Greyhawk powered by a Ford E450. I neglected to remove my batteries prior to winter and they died. I installed a new battery from a Ford dealer and vehicle shows no sign of power. Double checked installation and even tried to jump and charge with my car. Still no sign of power. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. Iím trying to avoid having coach towed to the Ford dealer. Thanks for any suggestions.
First try the headlights and if they work and are bright, you new battery should be ok. If not you could have a bad cell in the new battery or your positive or negative cables could be corroded. Is it trying to crank at all?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #8

first why would you replace the batteries without checking to see if the batteries where junk$$$$$.it has not been that cold there to FREEZE the batteries.if the "new battery" does not work then maybe there was nothing wrong with the old battery(bad connection,bad ground)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, replacement