Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #1

Yellowstone, Cavalier

looking for information and/others who own Yellowstone Cavaliers, mine is an 86, 25' model, and while looking for information on the internet for it, I haven't seen many or much information on them.

It would be nice to see some others, how people set them up, where they are now and so on.

I still find it hard to believe that in 1986, mine cost $31,000 + tax.... around the same time I was buying my first house, for around the same price (granted, when new, the RV was possibly nicer than my house (a little smaller, but)

Les
moreforles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I had never even heard of aYellowstone Cavalier before, but after Googling it I see it's a very common design for Class C, 1980's especially. So that means you can break it down into three major catagories: chassis, coach, appliances/accessories, etc.

Chassis: Ford and Chevy predominantly, probably Dodge but not sure about that one. Tons of info on the chassis, lots still around. Typically a big V8 gas engine, automatic tranny, heavy duty components found in vans of that era. My '87 Fleetwood is what is called an "incomplete chassis" built on an Econoline 350 van chassis. The van part being the incomplete part but the rest is functionally an E350 van.

Coach: Yellowstone.... are they even still in business... they built the "house" part onto the chassis (walls, floor, roof, windows, doors). Tons of info in this and other forums about repairs, upkeep. Any questions you have probably have been asked here many times already.

Accessories & appliances: Fridge, furnace, stove/oven, water heater etc, are most often made by well known manufacturers, such as Atwood, Dometic, Coleman, Suburban.. whatever... most still in business but of course with newer models. Include make & model info when you ask a question, for the best responses.

Hope this helps...

Bob

If you're in a hurry, you shouldn't be RV'ing
RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVee'r View Post

Chassis: Ford and Chevy predominantly, probably Dodge but not sure about that one. Tons of info on the chassis, lots still around. Typically a big V8 gas engine

Coach: Yellowstone.... are they even still in business... they built the "house" part onto the chassis (walls, floor, roof, windows, doors). Tons of info in this and other forums about repairs, upkeep. Any questions you have probably have been asked here many times already.

Bob
Thanks, mines on Chevy one ton frame (extended of course).

I have seen some Class C coaches on Dodge frames, (typically even older and shorter models. I actually stripped a couple for parts after I picked my RV up)

Mine unfortunately only has a small block V8 (its only plus, cheaper and easier to work on)

Not sure if the original Yellowstone builder is still out there, I've seen Gulfstream yellowstone Class C, not sure if Gulfstream bought Yellowstone or just used the name in their model.

thanks again for reply, hopefully some other Yellowstones survived and their owners find their way onto this site...
moreforles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #4

I owned a 1986 yellowstore cavalier and was very pleased with it. I say owned because I move into something bigger. The yellowstone has a lot of quality built in. My was on a ford chassis with a ford 460 engine. it averaged about 6 to 8 miles per gallon towing a vehicle. Check out the vintage section in the forums. There is good info there.
R1Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote