Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that Good Sam has something to do with RV.Net. Woodalls had Onan start Funroads,and Classic RV is a ma and pa group started by a bunch of us who like older RV'S. Just Curious,I've been hearing a groan in the wind, and I'm wondering whats up.One post I read in Rv.Net said that there was a company trying to take over all of the Rving Industry.I heard they tried to 'BUY' FMCA and when that wouldn't work they started there 'Own' Motorhome club to try and run us out of business.That failed,Thank god! I hear they are trying to go after Passport America and they wouldn't saleso this company has started its own camping club called camp usa. Anyone hear this or was they smoking something way too tight? Tonite was the first I've heard of it,any idea who?
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that Good Sam has something to do with RV.Net. Woodalls had Onan start Funroads,and Classic RV is a ma and pa group started by a bunch of us who like older RV'S. Just Curious,I've been hearing a groan in the wind, and I'm wondering whats up.One post I read in Rv.Net said that there was a company trying to take over all of the Rving Industry.I heard they tried to 'BUY' FMCA and when that wouldn't work they started there 'Own' Motorhome club to try and run us out of business.That failed,Thank god! I hear they are trying to go after Passport America and they wouldn't saleso this company has started its own camping club called camp usa. Anyone hear this or was they smoking something way too tight? Tonite was the first I've heard of it,any idea who?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
This website was started by Bill Rowell "Warpath" in January 2000 and is currently co-owned by him and Bob Gregory "Rebelsbeach".

It has no ties or connections to other RV business entities but does accept limited advertising and forum sponsorship from a few as indicated on the forum pages.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
If you wish to research the items you discussed, try Googling "Affinity Group".

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the replys and the info. I can't see why I never heard anything about it in the FMCA Mag.I was on a different website when i saw the post. I gotta wander what has happened in the last three years since my accident and stroke last year. I thought I was in the loop,but I think I fell short of the mark!I'm almost afraid to askwhat else I've missed.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:48 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can't see why I never heard anything about it in the FMCA Mag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iRV2's advertising and promotional efforts have been limited to word of mouth. We had a booth at the Tampa RV Show in January 2003, an effort to increase membership which was the only commercial endeavor we undertook.

Our registered membership currently stands at 19,380 members and we're hoping to soon hit the 20,000 mark.

Apparently the FMCA magazine has either missed our existence or has chosen to ignore us.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
IRV2 is a low profile outfit and I for one like it that way.

Have noticed at about any time there are 3-4 times as many guests on the site as there are members. Guests need to register to leave a comment, so that says there are a lot of RV's watching and learning from the site. As they see what we do and how we do it, they will join in.

While visiting with other RV's in the campground s, we ask about IRV2. This last year we have not found many that are on the net that have not been to the site. We always issue a personal invitation to register and contribute there experiences, questions, etc.

We surf some other sites, but this one is 'home' .

Many thanks to all who make this site work...
Old 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Y'know Richard, I don't quite know the answer to that either!

There are quite a few of us (other hat) FMCA's listed as members here also.

Go figure??????????

Best,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
[QUOTE]I can't see why I never heard anything about it in the FMCA Mag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Hey Bob,

For the record, it wasn't me who was wondering about the FMCA. I merely quoted Capt Dan's question and suggested that the FMCA magazine may have either missed our existence or chose to ignore us.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I for one Like this site better than rv.net and this is the first site that has had a site for FMCA'ers.I don't know about the reat of you but I always go to the ma and pa shops when I need anything for the coach and toad.We always beleaved in recycling and that is what we did with our coach and toad.This site has a classic rv post site,and a FMCA site which is a double Plus.I'm a senior member over on the other site but I may just come over here for good.I like the posts and the people here better. Thanks to someone who posted a responce to someone I can't remember now,I heard about this site.I don't remember his handle but thats not important,I'm glad he got me to go here.I've been trying to come home for three years and I feel like I've got alot closer to home.I think your stuck with me and Deb
Old 06-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #11

Location: Living my imperfect todays rather than waiting for my perfect tomorrow...
Hey Capt Dan, like you I'm a convert from RV.net forum. I'm still visiting now but know I will be weaning off it. I like the attitudes and helpfulness here.

I was also referred by someone and had never heard of the forum before that. Now I'm referring folks!
Froggi Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi,froggi Donna, Thats the way I feel too.I sometimes wonder if the smaller sites are closer than the 'Big' sites.Whatever it is I like it and I'm going to call it home.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Capt. Dan & Donna
Its good to hear your positive comments about irv2 I feel the same way thats why I call it home also. Most everyone is friendly and most helpful towards their follow RV'ers, sometimes we may have a problem but for the most part everyone will realize what a great group of people we all are.
You can meet most of us at regional campouts or the National rally like in Tenn in July. If your full timers check the different regions at the bottom of the forums to plan on attending a rally. As members of irv2 you have the whole U.S.A. and Canada to meet up with your fellow irv2 members.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I'm glad to meet you too. We are members of the Tucson Drifters group and as such, we are helping to host this years Southwestern Region Rocky Mountian Ramble here in Casa Grande, Az. This fall in October. Right now I've got my hands full trying to get the truck and Motor Home ready for a trip and also updateing the interior.The truck should be done in July and the MH,some time in September.Lots of things to get finished and still have to give a shakedown too!After the ramble we are going on a year/ long trip that will have us in a bunch of states and visiting a bunch of different places. We are really looking foward to this as we havn't traveled much at all for three years so we are looking foward to this.
You have a good one and I'll write later,Dan