RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Extra, Extra Read All About It!

The vote is in, FMCA will be open to all self contained Recreational Vehicles.

Total Votes: 9,801

In favor: 6,820

Opposed: 2,981

FMCA is in the process of altering registration procedures and when that's accomplished the previously excluded RVs can apply.

oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had thought about joining earlier this year and learned of the proposed change so I waited to see what would happen. Glad I did - I think I'll pass now.
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I had thought about joining earlier this year and learned of the proposed change so I waited to see what would happen. Glad I did - I think I'll pass now.
jt
Just wondering why you would pass now?

Looking to understand both sides.

This is America and you are free to choose as you wish.............I served a lifetime to insure you have this choice.

Take care,

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Just wondering why you would pass now?

Looking to understand both sides.

This is America and you are free to choose as you wish.............I served a lifetime to insure you have this choice.

Take care,

g
I was looking to join an organization specifically for motorhomes. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me now that they have added towables. I guess I liked the idea in its original form rather than opening up to everyone to increase revenue stream. Just not interested now.
jt
Old 12-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To INdy.. Why would someone pass since they now allow Trailers in.

THat is not a question I will answer here. But some people are like that.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:32 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I was looking to join an organization specifically for motorhomes. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me now that they have added towables. I guess I liked the idea in its original form rather than opening up to everyone to increase revenue stream. Just not interested now.
jt
Thanks jt - I understand.

Take care.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
To INdy.. Why would someone pass since they now allow Trailers in.

THat is not a question I will answer here. But some people are like that.
I asked a simple question, got a great answer I respect. Didn't want an argument or debate - but somehow it seems to be the American way lately.
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
jt
Let me explain a bit further. I guess its kinda like why I don't subscribe to Cycle magazine. I don't care at all about the jap bikes and so forth. I'm a Harley guy. American bikes. I subscribe to American Iron and I belong to the Harley Owners Group (HOG). I don't belong to one of the many "come all" clubs that exist. I subscribe to Motorhome magazine, not Trailer Life. Nothing wrong with trailers and I don't mean to dis them, but that's not where my interest is. I'm interested in motorcoaches, and issues and information about them, not information about which truck pulls best and which trailer has better features and so forth. I probably should have joined FMCA a couple of years ago when I bought my first (and only) coach but for whatever reason didn't. Sadly, it now it no longer exists in that form. Obviously not everyone shares that opinion and so be it. But thats where I'm coming from. If that offends some folks, then I'm sorry, but I have a right to my opinion and my choices as to where I spend my dollars and the organizations with whom I choose to associate. Yes, I am like that.
jt
Old 12-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #8

Thumbs down

[moderator edit] We have been FMCA members for years. Just traded in a 2017 Seneca which we bought new but had nothing but grief with between the cheap fixtures and crappy workmanship. If we weren't using it, it was in the shop. We prefer a mid entry, and diesel engine. The motorhome choices within those parameters are limited. Ordered a new Cardinal fifth wheel and bought a Chevy 3500hd to replace POS Seneca. An RVer is an RVer, regardless of the type of RV they utitlize.
darndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #9

Wow, this took a turn I didn't foresee. While I can understand Harleyjt's stance, I take a much more inclusive view, as all of us- Towables, Motorhomes we all face the same problems-everything from overly restrictive overnight stopping laws, poorly managed campgrounds, lousy RV service facilities and as a united front we all can work together to improve things.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I don't have anything against towables and I've had a couple but now that I'm doing the MH I don't want to subscribe to a rather expensive magazine that has a lot of advertising and articles that do not pertain to my interests.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #11

"Jap." Really?
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #12

I have a "towable" 36' fifth wheel. I had hoped that FMCA would have added a category for us "towables". That would allow some separation but some inclusion. We all have similar issues. FMCA seems to provide the best forum for support since Good Sam was co opted by the CW guy. Oh yes I have sent in my application!
Mr.Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Good for you Mr. Disaster. At the recent FMCA convention in Gyllette, there were over 20 towables in attendance. There is currently over 2200 towables members of FMCA
Old 08-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #14

I use to subscribe to Trailer Life when I had my fifth wheels. When I purchased my motorhome, I joined FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association). I no longer have any desire to read anything about towables, just like I had no desire to read anything about motorhomes when I had a 5th wheel. I wonder why they didn't open it up to tent camping also. I do sometimes tent camp, still. I realize it is a money thing and that is what drives most things. Did you notice what FMCA stands for. Why don't they go ahead and change their name just like they changed the name of their magazine. I realize that they took a vote and by now you have probably figured out that I voted the way it didn't go. I am not protesting and raising heck like what is so popular these days, but I am giving some good consideration as to whether I will renew my membership when the time comes. I just renewed my subscription to Motorhome Magazine for 3 years as it is a better magazine for what I am interested in. We are all RVers and I totally respect that.
Dave

Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote