Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #1

We are interested in what others thought about the FMCA rally in Redmond?

2007 Newmar Ventana 3933
KarenEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #2

We are interested in what others thought about the FMCA rally in Redmond?

2007 Newmar Ventana 3933
KarenEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:05 AM   #3

Tell us what you think!

Pushed by a KITTY KAT
wallynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
This was our first large rally, and we enjoyed it. The weather was nice, albeit a bit warm. The Hall O Venders was great. Loved checking out all the goodies. The coach display was impressive - I liked being able to see so many different brands all at once. We spent only a little time in the Newmar area, but thought they had a very nice offering there.

I went to a couple of seminars, and although I found them interesting, felt that I would have liked a more in-depth discussion. The ones I went to had huge audiences, and while the seminar itself was very general, the questions from the audience were always very specific to that questioning participant, it seemed.

We didn't go to any of the entertainment. I took my lady out for dinner one night, and the others we found other things to do. From talking to others, it sounds like the Nelson show was very good, but we heard that the Debbie Boone show was a snoozer. Did not hear anything about Tony Orlando. I hope that someday they have a bit "fresher" entertainment, or possibly we will just grow into this genre

The "campsites" were interesting. We were all parked on (fairly) level areas of crushed lava rock. I thought it was fine, but it did become quite dusty over the week, and it made lots of noise when you walked on it. No sneaking out at night for any covert operations The electric hookups were OK, although at the beginning you had to claim your outlet quickly. Looked like the honey wagon and water service was working out OK, but we didn't need their services.

We thought the tram/bus system worked out very well. You never had to wait too long for a ride. I was a bit disappointed at the food offerings. You could get a "gourmet" sausage for around $10. You could get a plain hot dog for $3.50, but one day there was a 45 minute wait. I must give them credit - I think enough people complained about the beer prices that they lowered it to $3.50. That was nice of them

It was awesome walking around the campground and seeing all these rigs in one place. Loved seeing everyone's little "personalizations". It was also incredible how smooth it was leaving. I think we left around 9:30am Friday, and we just drove straight out. No backups, traffic, nada. That was impressive.

Overall, we enjoyed it. I think one a year for the large ones is fine. I seem to like the smaller gatherings a bit better. The pre-rally we attended was a lot of fun.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
This was the 2nd Redmond Rally we've attended. Being on the Governing Board adds some more interest to the rally. We thought that everything was really quite nice. The Rally "Attitude" seemed better, somehow at this rally. We didn't meet anyone that was really agtgravated at the happenings. Coach displays were outstanding, the services offered by the vendors/suppliers was very good. All in all, a great rally, we thought. This was about our 10th rally.
One needs to attend at least one big rally to realize some of what RVing is all about.

Jim & Sandra E.
'03 Alpine, 38' 3 slides; all amenities.
'00 Saturn LS Wagon toad.
J.S.Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote