RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All,
Well here we are, the morning of day one at the rally.
Boy, there sure is a lot of cool sparkley stuff out here!! Not much action until later today until the Motorhome Exhibits open at 1:00PM. Lots of registration going on for the newcommers. This is our first time at a rally and the prospects look great. I noticed that there are a lot of clubs out there fishing for new members. We probably won't join any until we finish our tour de U.S.A.
There are a bunch of classes that are engine and driving specific that I'll be going to. I think I'll be worn out by the end of the rally. Sounds like some very educational stuff.
See ya around,
AKBrick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All,
Well here we are, the morning of day one at the rally.
Boy, there sure is a lot of cool sparkley stuff out here!! Not much action until later today until the Motorhome Exhibits open at 1:00PM. Lots of registration going on for the newcommers. This is our first time at a rally and the prospects look great. I noticed that there are a lot of clubs out there fishing for new members. We probably won't join any until we finish our tour de U.S.A.
There are a bunch of classes that are engine and driving specific that I'll be going to. I think I'll be worn out by the end of the rally. Sounds like some very educational stuff.
See ya around,
AKBrick

Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have also arrived and are in Brown area, row 2 (or so they tell us). We can see the shiny new motorhomes for sale from our windows. It's very exciting so far and although we are still reading through the seminar schedule and list of activities, we are having fun in the sun!

We have a Gone Fishin sign & iRV2 sticker in the rear window.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

I wish I was there!!(look at my temp below and you will see why!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Okay, we met GoneFishin and they are very nice people. Talked about Thousand Trails club for awhile and then went to look at all of those new MH's. Jo and I never got through all of them when it got dark out.
Well, the first seminar for the day for me is "Know Your Inverter". I need this one. Then "MH Driving /tips & Techniques", then "Exhaust Brake 101", then "RV Weight Safety", then "RV Tire Safety", and Finally at 7:00PM "Opening Ceremonies & Entertainment". Then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzzzzzzzzz
AKBrick

Oh yeah we got pictures of Rick and Mic and us MM and so did they.
Not much time to spend out in the sunny 70 degree weather BTW.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, what a great day yesterday was. My wife and I gained a lot of very valuable knowledge at the seminars. The entertainment at the end of the day was exceptional. The Mike & T Band's music and vocals were fantastic and Jimmy Travis made us all laugh with his "Life jokes" and musical humor. The end to a perfect day.

Today I'm going to go to the CAT Engine seminar, which I really need and later Jo and I are going to go to the first of a two part course on "RV Safe Driving". This is a 6 hour course split into two 3 hour days. According to the speaker this course could get some insurance companies in some states to lower our rates. Gee, I might even learn something too.

In between seminars my wife and I are trying to figure out how to keep our money in our pockets at the "Rally Mall" I feel at least a grand may be flying away, but it's a "safety grand".
Keep 'em rollinn',
AKBrick
Old 01-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy again,
Well, my wallet IS a lot lighter now. There are way to many things to spend our money on, and they are all good! We bought a "Pressure Pro" tire air monitor and warning system that is well worth the the money and then we bought some "Mary Moppet" cleaning products and tools. I've known we needed this stuff for quite some time. This week will be our first time cleaning the MH so I'm glad we bought this stuff. $$$$

The CAT class was cancelled yesterday due to the instructors illness,....bummer. The driving course was good, but a re-hash of another we took the day before. Today we just have the second part of the class to go to with new info. I think I'll also take the "Towing Tips" seminar this morning too.

Tommorrow we get our MH weighed all four corners thanks to one FMCA seminar, "Weight & Tire Safety". We are getting it done for $34.00 which is a steal!!

The entertainment was excellant again. I sat with GoneFishen-Rick $ Mick and listened to Jim Curry's "A Tribute to John Denver". I've never heard someone who actually had a "John Denver" voice before and Jim was great and lulled me into believing I was listening to the now departed. His back-up band with his wife played very well. These people play on Holland America cruises. He brought back a lot of memories of days gone past listening to his "Denver" songs. A wonderful evening.

Until next time,....I'll try to keep my wallet in my pocket.

AKBrick
Old 01-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
AKBrick,

Sounds like you and Jo are having a good time and learning LOTS! Jeffrey and I are so jealous!

We spent the day catching up on cleaning the stickhouse since they cancelled the dog show. Said it was due to rain but we haven't had any since last Monday. Did hear that they were worried about MHs and trailers getting stuck in the mud so who knows the real story.....

Glad you guys are having such a great time!

You guys getting back this way soon?

Karen & Jeffrey
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi everyone,
The Rally is all but closed down this morning and we're leaving to get our MH weighed by the FMCA safety guy around 10:00AM to get an accurate weight on all four corners.
We've been meaning to do that since we bought the MH. Shame on me.

Yesterday I went to a towing tips class and found out that I didn't know it all. Huh??? It was put on buy the Blue Ox people. I'm glad I took it.

My classes ended for the week with the second half of the MH Driving and Safety class. It was okayyy and we got our certificates. Actually this class seemed to be a re-hash of all of the other seminars rolled up into one. Jo and I still learned stuff so that was good.

The grand-finaly of the Rally was listening to "The Diamonds". They have played for FMCA before and was loved by all then and last night.
They put on a great show and did the "old" Diamonds songs perfectly with all of the high and low notes. Again we sat with GoneFishin' Rick and Mick.

The next Rally is in Pamona and we'd like to go there but alas it out of our schedule.

M2Mastiffs we will be in Arizona the beginning of February. We will be staying in Amato for a month. Maybe we can get together sometime then.

GoneFishin', Hey it was great meeting the two of you and was fun palling around with you during the shows. We'll probably be bumping into each other again in the future.

Thanks for bearing with me during this Indio "blog".

*On the road again*......
AKBrick