Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
National Directors

Are there any National Directors on the forum? Are you going to Indy for the vote?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 05:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Are there any National Directors on the forum? Are you going to Indy for the vote?
Jon Walker, the National Senior Vice President and soon to be National President in July monitors and makes comments on "RVillage".

RVillage as a "FMCA Group", which members use to converse on a daily basis.

Not sure if FMCA Officers are on iRV2 but I know for a fact at least one is on RVillage.

Good luck..and tell 'em Glenn sent ya.......

g
Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

Ah Glenn, do you know what a national director is?
Old 05-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Ah Glenn, do you know what a national director is?
Well since you are asking me???? Perhaps I do not.........

My thought was National Directors were FMCA members who serve on the Board of Directors of National FMCA.

Jon Walker being National Senior Vice President, in my mind, made him a National Director.

If this is incorrect, please correct.

Thank you,

Glenn Nulty
Old 05-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #5

FMCA governance is made up of national officers and the governing board.

There are 10 areas within FMCA, each of which has an area president. These 10 are known as area vice presidents that sit on the executive board along with the president, the senior vice president, secretary and treasurer. The immediate past president is also a member of the executive board.

Within the 10 areas are chapters which should have a president, VP, secretary, treasurer, national director and alternate national director.

Those NDs within an area are responsible for electing that areas President.

The chapter national director is the chapters representative at the governing board meeting at which the business of FMCA is conducted. The ND should get the chapters inputs as to how to vote during the meeting. It is the NDs that vote to accept the budget, elect the national president, Sr.VP, secretary and treasurer. They also vote on changing the bylaws and what is known as Policy & Procedures and any other items that come for a vote.

The entire membership gets to vote to change the articles of incorporation and the constitution. You had the opportunity to vote to allow a change to the articles late last year. There was a ballot in the October magazine. Depending on a up vote of the governing board to accept changes presented to them in Indy, you will have a chance to vote again to accept the new articles of incorporation. Yo also might get a chance to vote to accept changes to the constitution at the same time.

Look in your September magazine for a ballot. Yo do have to mail it to be counted.

Last year, when the ballot was in the magazine, out of 70,000+ mebers, only a little over 600 took the effort to return their ballot.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Don,

First off, thank you so much for the very informative explanation.

So to answer your question, "No, I do not know what a National Director is."

But I do now.

I am just an old retired soldier with too much time on his hands! LOL I have been involved or involved with many organizations and their totem poles of leadership hierarchy - the Army was the easiest! Since retirement - I have become a professional volunteer.

You obviously are involved in one way or another with FMCA.

I have been a member of FMCA almost 3 years and belong to a very active local chapter. Sadly, we have only been to one local rally and one Area Rally (GLAMARAMA). We are members of Great Lakes Area Motor Coach Assoc. Sadly time either gets in the way our away from us and have not been able to attend so my knowledge of FMCA hierarchy is limited.

Unfortunately we will not be attending the National Rally in Indy this July. We live about 20 miles away.........I am aware of the major changes the governing board will be discussing this year, I will look for my ballot in the September magazine

So to my original recommendation, I stand on it. I'd ask this question on RVillage. If you look back at your posts within the past month in regards to Chapter Officers and NDs, I was the only person that answered - and I obviously didn't know exactly what you were looking for.

Not sure why people don't use iRV2 more? I enjoy it and learn a lot. I think your question would get a lot more exposure on RVillage. Again - my opinion.

Either way - all the best.

If you are attending the Rally in Indy this July and have questions about the local area, please feel free to ask - I was here when in the Army and stayed after I retired.........been 30 years so far.

Take care,

g
Old 05-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #7

FMCA Forums

Interesting discussion. I suggest that you look in on the FMCA web site to review their forums.

I am a FMCA National Director. Being one, I have a vote on items that will be presented at the Governing Board meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a personal message.

Additionally, since you are within 20 miles of Indianapolis, you are in Indiana. The Hoosier Cruiser Chapter would welcome you to visit and consider joining the chapter. Again, send me a personal message for additional information. I am the rally master for their next rally only 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:19 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Interesting discussion. I suggest that you look in on the FMCA web site to review their forums.

I am a FMCA National Director. Being one, I have a vote on items that will be presented at the Governing Board meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a personal message.

Additionally, since you are within 20 miles of Indianapolis, you are in Indiana. The Hoosier Cruiser Chapter would welcome you to visit and consider joining the chapter. Again, send me a personal message for additional information. I am the rally master for their next rally only 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
Hi mrboyer,

Angie and I have been members of Hoosier Cruisers for 2 years. We have been to 1 rally, last year in Columbus.

They are a very welcoming, fun group.

Unfortunately as I look at the rally schedule, something else is always planned.......it's not easy being retired.

To be honest, at the beginning of this discussion, I have looked at the FMCA web site. If you search National Directors under the governance tab, if you search it does come up with a like to the 2015/16 NDs and committees. Once you click on the tab you get an error....still that way this morning.

As my ND, something you may want to bring up at your ND meeting is communication between members and FMCA HQ.

I requested a kit HQ was offering and never received it. I received a blast email telling me about the same kit I originally asked for so I sent a return reply asking for some information and never received a reply. Hmmmmmm - Not good. I am very pro FMCA and have 2 new members to my credit with the past year........I'm not feeling the love from Cincinnati...!! LOL

If you'd like more info on my lack if communication with HQ, please PM and I can update you....

Good luck and have fun in Chesterfield....

g

Tags
national