Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #1

Camp Host needed in Zion National Park

A Camp Host position has come open with very little notice due to a last minute cancellation. This position will start March 1, 2013! That's right...immediately! Don't let that scare you. You'll receive full training when you arrive and will work directly with the Rangers and another Camp Host for 3 months at Watchman Campground. This is a reservation only campground. You'll have full hookups and a beautiful campsite which will accommodate big rigs. Verizon and Satellite is clear and strong! Spring is beautiful here!!! Contact Juli Neff (435) 772-0177 or email juli_neff@nps.gov

This is a link to my blog showing the campsite: LightCurve on the Road
The images are from Feb 2012.
michaelfousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
rhoda1

Beautiful campground photos.....brrrr. We are presently in south Florida facing record breaking high temps (mid80s) so your weather is appealing (sort of). sorry we cannot help out this year.
rhoda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #3

In March the weather changes and warms up. Days are sunny and warm even in mid winter here. Already the leaves are starting to return so it won't be long before the scenes in my blog page will change dramatically. The park has a staff which takes care of the restrooms and park maintenance. Your volunteer job is to keep watch over the campground and campers to make sure everyone has a wonderful time in one of the most beautiful National Parks in the country. Currently, the way the hours work are 3 days on / 3 days off.
Zion is what I would call an exploration and hiking mecca. Campers often stay for many days because there is so much to do and see. Folks park at their campsites and take propane powered shuttles into the main scenic canyon where there are nine trail heads.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfousie View Post
In March the weather changes and warms up. Days are sunny and warm even in mid winter here. Already the leaves are starting to return so it won't be long before the scenes in my blog page will change dramatically. The park has a staff which takes care of the restrooms and park maintenance. Your volunteer job is to keep watch over the campground and campers to make sure everyone has a wonderful time in one of the most beautiful National Parks in the country. Currently, the way the hours work are 3 days on / 3 days off.
Zion is what I would call an exploration and hiking mecca. Campers often stay for many days because there is so much to do and see. Folks park at their campsites and take propane powered shuttles into the main scenic canyon where there are nine trail heads.
Would you consider a two month commitment? Have to be in Forest City, Iowa mid May for warranty work on coach.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
sorry but we have family obligations in early summer that conflicts with your "visit" to Iowa. We intend to be out your way during late summer and autumn and will definitely come stay with you. sounds like you have an enviable situation.
rhoda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfousie View Post
A Camp Host position has come open with very little notice due to a last minute cancellation. This position will start March 1, 2013! That's right...immediately! Don't let that scare you. You'll receive full training when you arrive and will work directly with the Rangers and another Camp Host for 3 months at Watchman Campground. This is a reservation only campground. You'll have full hookups and a beautiful campsite which will accommodate big rigs. Verizon and Satellite is clear and strong! Spring is beautiful here!!! Contact Juli Neff (435) 772-0177 or email juli_neff@nps.gov

This is a link to my blog showing the campsite: LightCurve on the Road
The images are from Feb 2012.
Thanks to Mike for posting this. As a result, my wife and I are leaving for Zion National Park this weekend to serve as campground hosts. Would never have known about this opportunity without irv2.com.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #7

Gotta love this forum! Everyone here is looking forward to meeting you both. Here's the view this afternoon from the site you will be moving into. It's currently 67 degrees as this place starts to come "alive" again after a winter sleep. You'll be here during one of the most beautiful times of the year.
Have an enjoyable and safe journey west.
Mike
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Enjoy your camp host position. This is one of my dreams n the not too distant future. I've been to Zion twice, absolutely beautiful.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Zion was our favorite stay on our cross country trip. Would love to do this sometime!
MacQude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Michael, keep us in mind for next year. The coach is almost ours. We wish it had been our time, but alas, it's not. But next year, it will be us!

GB, I am jealous, have a great time, wish I were there with you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #11

Have just finished our first week of campground hosting in Zion NP. This is going to be a great job and lots of fun. The staff at Zion has been fantastic in getting us settled in and trained. My fellow camp host Ken has taken me under his wing and is a great resource for information on doing the job. Zion is of course a beautiful place. We have a great site for our MH with beautiful views of sunrise and sunset. So glad to have found this job thanks to Mike's posting.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Any photo's from your campsite or the area you can post?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #13

Carolina Campers
Wanted: Job

Anyone looking for Campground assistance?I'm interested & my availability is "now!"
The preferably States would be: SC, NC,
GA & FL.
Thank you
rockwell_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Any photo's from your campsite or the area you can post?
Yes, when I get some good wifi. Didn't want to load with 3G.

Tags
national