Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #1

Want to spend your summer in the Smokey Mountains?

Want to work at a Workcamper friendly theme park?

Are you just a little bit "country?"

Dollywood is actively hiring 250 workcampers for the summer of 2006. Work part-time or perhaps full-time as seasonal employees. Jobs exist in food service, amusements and rides.

My wife and I will be working at Dollywood June, July and August of '06. The head of workcamper personnel has asked me to spread the word.

Reply here for general information. Otherwise, contact me via email at lew_mann@yahoo.com or mannco@atlantic.net

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #2

Want to spend your summer in the Smokey Mountains?

Want to work at a Workcamper friendly theme park?

Are you just a little bit "country?"

Dollywood is actively hiring 250 workcampers for the summer of 2006. Work part-time or perhaps full-time as seasonal employees. Jobs exist in food service, amusements and rides.

My wife and I will be working at Dollywood June, July and August of '06. The head of workcamper personnel has asked me to spread the word.

Reply here for general information. Otherwise, contact me via email at lew_mann@yahoo.com or mannco@atlantic.net

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 AM   #3

Lew, thanks for posting this. This is a great place to work!

~WOTG~

Workers On The Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Lew,

Does Dollywood have a campground in which they provide a site or do you have to find a place to put the rig on your own? Also, what sort of hourly expectations to they have and do they give a few days off during the week?

Do they require a commitment and/or a contract for the entire season or will they take a work camper on a month to month basis?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 AM   #5

Richard,

Dollywood does not have a campground. There has been some discussion but, no plans as of now.

Dollywood has been hiring workcampers for about 5 years. It started as an experiment. Previously they hired many young (teens) for the summer but, being teens, they weren't consistantly reliable.

Dollywood now hires about 250 workcampers each year. As Dollywood grows so will the number of workcampers. Management is very pleased with the work ethic of workcampers. Many return for a 2nd and 3rd year.

There are quite a number of campgrounds in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and the surrounding area.

Between my wife, Sima, and myself working 5 days will pay the monthly campground charge of $415 + tax (stay 91 days and all tax is refunded!). So, for us, the first 3 weeks will pay for our 3 months of camping!

Although Workcampers make well above minimum wage, for us it's not about the money. It's about the fun we expect to have both at Dollywood and throughout the Smoky mountain area next summer.

Did I mention the discounts?

1. Employees receive discounts of up to 50% on food and merchandise purchased in the park.

2. We receive day passes and some season passes to hand out to friends and family.

3. We receive about an 80% discount at Dixie Stampede and further discounts at other dinner theatres in Pigeon Forge.

Richard, we committed to working for 3 months, fulltime. That allowed us to work in the Emporium, the air conditioned gift shop that everyone leaving the park exits through. We were asked what days off we wanted and selected Tuesday and Wednesday each week.

They want a verbal committment but there is no contract. We know that some workcampers leave before their committment ends while others stay longer.

I have all the supplies one needs to apply for workcamper positions at Dollywood. While I concentrate on my core "safe money" products as a vendor at the Florida Supershow in January, the February SE area FMCA rally in Brooksville and more, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" will promote workcamping at Dollywood during those events. I will too - a little bit.

Anyone who wants a Dollywood Workcamper Application Kit should contact me by private email or call me at 800-666-9286.