Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Las Vegas- work for rv space next winter at Clark County!

I just saw this on another forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Clark County Shooting Complex is looking for campers with clay target experience interested in working our shotgun line in trade for premier full hook-ups with a view. We recently implemented a Satellite Camper Host program utilizing the West 15 spaces of our RV line from November 1 through the early Spring months. Each week's stay will set you back 20 hours of service, preferably tending our trap & skeet area. Priority will be given to those dedicated to the longest durations. All spaces are 120' pull-through with water, sewer, 30 and 50 amp electric service.

Food service at the Shooting Complex is second to none. The Road Kill Grill features some of the finest faire you will find anywhere; made famous by Guy Fieri's Food Channel program- "Diners, Drive ins and Dives"

A month ago, we also started a new Limited Services Shotgun Program (LSSP) that allows experienced trap, skeet, and sporting clay shooters access to shooting 7 days a week. This could certainly make a nice package for those that enjoy the desert SW during the winter months.

Please visit our website at www.clarkcountynv.gov/shootingcomplex for more information on our Camper Host programs. Applications for this program can be downloaded from this site.

Steve Carmichael
Senior Management Analyst
Clark County Shooting Complex

------------------------------------------------------------------
ga80486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #2

I have volunteered there. They have (had) 20-25 full hook up spots WITH COVER (remember this is Las Vegas) that this ad doesn't mention. I wonder what happened to those spaces. They are different from there 'rv line'. The work was easy and interesting if you like shooting. You operated a trap or skeet range and kept the range clean. There was also the possibility of scoring in tournaments for pay. Bunch of nice people worked there.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #3

Looks interesting.
i looked all around the site linked and could not find an application or anything about volunteering.

Do you happen to know where it might be or maybe a contact name and number or email to whoever manages the volunteers?

Thanks in advance

edit to add I just saw the sig block on your post. i will email that person
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
Looks interesting.
i looked all around the site linked and could not find an application or anything about volunteering.

Do you happen to know where it might be or maybe a contact name and number or email to whoever manages the volunteers?

Thanks in advance

edit to add I just saw the sig block on your post. i will email that person

Bobby was the name of the volunteer coordinator when we volunteered there. Tele #(702) 587-1073
Steve was under Bobby but was our direct supervisor.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #5

Try

Shooting Complex - Camper Host Program

I think the above mentioned opportunity is an addition to the already established workcamper positions.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #6

Be aware fingerprinting and background required and takes forever. They look for a 6 month commitment. Mine took 8 months. Bobby is still the coordinator and they are looking for people.
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, gas, ace