Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #29

What is the time line one should look at for applying for a opportunity with Amazon in 2014, plan on going full time August 1, 2014 and know that I will be looking to supplement my ss and retirement from time to time and have no aversion to hard work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No thanks. That would upset my schedule. Eat breakfast, relax until lunch, eat lunch, take a nap, wait for supper then relax until bedtime!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #31

Hi Catcoach,

Glad to hear you'll be entering the world of full-timing! If you are going to be available in August 2014, I'd apply with us before March 2014. Applying early means you get a wider choice of shifts and an assured "seat at the table". It also gives you longer to plan your trip since you know you'll have the job.

Any questions - you can reach me at petrusch@amazon.com - I'll help in any way I can to make this a smooth transition for you.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #32

For those interested in fernley, nv

I have heard from the site & the camps directly in Fernley are full. The site negotiated with some other campgrounds so we now have a bigger list. Please email me - petrusch@amazon.com - and I'll be happy to send you a full list with all the new sites on it.

Many of the Fernley campers from last year put together carpools from the further out camps so they would not have to spend or be the driver every day. This would be a good solution to the cost of gas to the site.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to email me to ask -

petrusch@amazon.com

We still have openings at each of the sites as of now so jump in there!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #33

Why all the snipey-ness? Congrats to all of you that are retired and have your ducks in a row - but there are plenty others who either can use a bit extra moola in exchange for honest work, or that actually NEED to work in order to get by fulltiming it. I think it is great that Pamela is sticking this out here with us and maintaining a positive note, LOL. And I'm sure there are bunches of more folks that would post about their previous Amazon experiences and share their info with the rest of us here, if that underlying criticism wasn't here.

I don't know where you all are from and from what walks of life - but here in s.e. GA, if you are making $11.50/hr plus a free place to stay [valued at what? $100/week? - that brings your hourly up to $14.00 and that is really nothing to scoff at]. You are making very decent money - especially when we are talking short term commitment and possibly no prior experience...
DogLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Count me in. I'm on my way to 'my old Kentucky home' this fall.
kayaknkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
physically challenging. All positions require you to be on your feet for your full shift and require some bending, lifting, stooping and squatting
20 years ago,, Perhaps
40 years ago, YES
Today: That leaves me out.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #36

Ol Kentucky Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaknkamp View Post
Count me in. I'm on my way to 'my old Kentucky home' this fall.
Glad to hear you will be joining us in Campbellsville this year! Look forward to saying hello when I visit in December.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #37

Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLdy View Post
Why all the snipey-ness? Congrats to all of you that are retired and have your ducks in a row - but there are plenty others who either can use a bit extra moola in exchange for honest work, or that actually NEED to work in order to get by fulltiming it. I think it is great that Pamela is sticking this out here with us and maintaining a positive note, LOL. And I'm sure there are bunches of more folks that would post about their previous Amazon experiences and share their info with the rest of us here, if that underlying criticism wasn't here.

I don't know where you all are from and from what walks of life - but here in s.e. GA, if you are making $11.50/hr plus a free place to stay [valued at what? $100/week? - that brings your hourly up to $14.00 and that is really nothing to scoff at]. You are making very decent money - especially when we are talking short term commitment and possibly no prior experience...
I appreciate your support! I am just trying to do my job which is to find campers that want to or like to do this kind of work. I'm met lots of great people at each of the locations who really enjoy what they are doing and wind up making lots of friends and continue to join us year after year. And you are right, not everyone had the opportunity to retire with a fat check.

We also offer a completion bonus of .50 to $1.00 for every hour you work plus the opportunity to earn time & a half with overtime, referral bonuses and we try to to treat our workers the way we'd want to be treated.

SO, those of you who are interested, keep on applying!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, their process seems to work pretty well! I sent an email inquiry on July 11 about Campbellsville, received an application package via email on July 15. I returned the package on the 17th, got a call today from a gent in Campbellsville. He asked when a good time would be for a phone interview, and I told him right now would be fine. Took about ten minutes, and he offered me a position right there. Received the full email info pack about 15 minutes later, and I'm now set to start in Campbellsville on Oct 28.

Simple, straightforward, efficient. Easy beans. I'm beginning to understand why my son likes this company so much.

This could be fun. Eight weeks, more new friends, another entry on what hopefully will become a long list of fulltiming experiences, and it'll pay for all my 2013 diesel fuel. What's not to like?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #39

Glad to hear John & Diane! We try to keep our processes as streamlined as possible. I know you will like our CamperForce Administrators at Campbellsville - Jen, Stephanie and Kelly (Kelly was the gent you talked to) as they are actively on the floor during peak and always accessible. Welcome aboard!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #40

Hey Everyone - I misquoted a wage in the original printing - it's actually MORE than what I put down!! (Evenings/weekends are $10.60 per hour at Campbellsville) Here are the correct wages:

Coffeyville, Kansas
Phone: 620-464-2665
Wages: $10.50 (days) or $11.00 (nights & weekends)
Completion Bonus: $1.00 for each hour worked
Complimentary campground + electricity
Campbellsville, Kentucky
Phone: 270-849-2604
Wages: $10.00 (days) or $10.60 (nights & weekends)
Completion Bonus: $1.00 for each hour worked
Complimentary campground + electric
Fernley, NV
Phone: 775-575-8006
Wages: $11.50 (days) or $12.25 (nights & weekends)
Completion Bonus: $0.50 for each hour worked
Complimentary campground
Old 07-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #41

Pam,
When you posted campsite+electric is there a limit on the KWH used? I have an electric furnace in my MH.
okiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #42

Electricity Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiejim View Post
Pam,
When you posted campsite+electric is there a limit on the KWH used? I have an electric furnace in my MH.
I checked with our centers. Fernley, NV does not pay for electricity - their wage is higher to offset your costs. KY & KS both pay for all reasonable costs. You are not the only one with an electric furnace and we have not had an issues previously.

I hope this answers your question!