Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #1

PAID work, PAID campsite, PAID bonuses in KY

Join us in beautiful Campbellsville, KY for the holidays! We are hiring now for jobs that will start in September & October and run through December 23rd.

Although no previous experience is necessary, these are temporary warehouse positions in a fast-paced industrial environment that are physically challenging. All positions require you to be on your feet for your full shift and require some bending, lifting, stooping and squatting. You may be receiving products on a line, stowing items onto shelves, picking customer order or packing and shipping customer orders. Some positions require the ability to climb stairs 30% of the time, and the use of a hand-held scanner.

At the Campbellsville, KY location:

• Full time schedules consist of four 10 hour shifts. Due to the demands of the peak season, there may be scheduled overtime for all departments and shifts. Scheduled overtime won't exceed 50 hours per week unless you request more overtime.
  • All overtime over 40 hours in a week is paid at time and a half.
  • Campground fees directly billed to Campbellsville Amazon facility. We currently partner with several local campgrounds in the Campbellsville area. Once we publish the final list of campgrounds, we will email it you. You may reserve your spot at any of those campgrounds.
All department and shift assignments are based on the business needs of the Amazon facility at the time you start. We do our best to meet your individual needs and preferences, but availability of certain shifts, jobs, and departments can change weekly.

The CamperForce Program season ends on December 23rd, though you may be released a few days earlier depending on labor needs at each facility at that time.

All positions require successful completion of a drug screen, background check and evidence of a high school diploma or GED.

Work for Amazon and you will..................Work hard. Have fun. Make history.

Basic Qualifications
  • Must be at least 18 years old
  • High School diploma or equivalent
  • Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
  • Must be able to work overtime as required
  • Able to read and take direction in English
  • Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds (with assistance)
  • Stand/walk for shifts 10 hours long
  • Willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
  • Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
  • Able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)

Preferred Qualifications
  • Positive work attitude & leadership skills
  • Commitment to a culture of safety
  • Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
TO APPLY: send resume to camperforce@Amazon.com or apply directly at:
http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com/programs/camper-force/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

We are looking forward to hearing from you TODAY!
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #2

Sounds like work to me.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by no3putt View Post
Sounds like work to me.
Yep, from what I've heard Amazon seasonal work is exhausting.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

I haven't heard anyone bragging about doing the Amazon thing but I have heard complaints about the 30 something supervisors down the old folk's neck to work faster.

They couldn't pay me enough to handle that. They want retired people to do this seasonal work because of various reasons but forget one important thing. We are mostly retired, tired and really don't need the money or grief from a young upstart.

I looked into it but didn't like what I heard about the treatment.
sundancer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm sure it's a fit for some, but who wants to work 40 (or 50+) hours/wk when retired? Yuk!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #6

Yeah, but you get to camp on the shores of Green River Lake
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It is work. Not all RV'ers are retired. Some are only partly retired as in they still do some jobs and this is one of them since they can work for a few months and build the bank back up. Do not put the work down unless you have actually done it. So you don't want to do it that's fine but others do want to and have done it and will continue to do it year after year.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #8

Does anyone know what kind of $$$ you make? Work is work to me.
hoss1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss1045 View Post
I've wondered about this myself.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss1045 View Post
I think I heard last year that it is minimum wage and they may even deduct something for the campsite & utilities.

Interesting that the OP has not come back with a comment.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes... OP... waiting on some numbers. If you're not tellin'... that speaks volumes.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #12

Been there and done that. 2011 season, Coffeyville, KS. Completed season, got bonus, once was enough. Never again.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am going to be retired...that sounds like W-O-R-K to me. Think, I'll just look for a nice camp volunteer host positions.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #14

Thanks everyone for your comments - wasn't expecting this much conversation so quickly! We do not generally publish our wage rates (we DO have competition) but I can tell you that they are well over minimum wage and higher than most retail I've seen. If you want to know the wage, apply & we'll interview you - we give you all the information during the interview. You get time & 1/2 for all overtime, and we offer shift differentials as well (night shift pays more).

We also offer a completion bonus - if you stay the full season - for each hour worked. We pay for your campsite & in two of our locations, we pay for electric as well (Nevada is the exception but campsite still paid for). We pay referral bonuses for any campers you refer to us & we hire and you get the Amazon Employee discount while you work for us on any Amazon products. We do our best to make sure our employees are treated well and try to inject some holiday fun as well.

I would be the first one to say that this work is NOT for everyone. It is physically demanding. Some of our folks love it, some have a hard time with the physical difficulty of the work and the hours. We do everything we can to make our CamperForce associates feel welcome and I know lots of our campers make lots of friends during their time with us. Again, the work is hard - we don't expect it to appeal to everyone.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote