RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrum81 View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to try workcamping. I think working the national parks as we travel would be an awesome learning opportunity.
I workkamp at the Grand Canyon year round been here 6 years. My job pays well because it requires a CDL and experience, my wife jobs is a $10 hr position but does have great benefits that makes it a decent job, she is year round also. Most jobs here are just seasonal $10 hr no real benefits etc. The bigger parks have more job opportunities available than the smaller ones and here anyways they are always looking for workers. We do have a K thru 12 school here in the park maybe the only park that does not sure on that, might be a option for you.

Canyonglampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #16

Good luck in sorting out your options. Be sure to consider cost of health insurance as it Is a important part of your budget especially with children. Most short term jobs will not have any health care benefits.

enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #17

I would also look at some international online schools that might be looking for teachers to create curriculum for students. That way you don't need to be constantly online.

Homeschoolers are always looking for resources so you could put together a site with affiliate links and get income from ads and the links.

You could also start putting together lessons on YouTube videos. You need to build a following and 1,000 subscribers but if you have a constant feed of new lessons and different topics people will subscribe and once you reach that level you can start getting money from ads. It's about 0.001 per view so it takes 1,000 views to make $1 but you'd be surprised how quickly they add up!

Do you have home that you currently own? You might want to look to see if there is a way that you can use it to generate income while you are out on the road. You could find a property management company that would rent it out and take care of it and you would get a cut.

Another option, are you creative? Could you create something to sell at farmers markets across the country?

I also would sit down and run my numbers of what you need and what you think you can bring in. Don't forget to factor taxes as well as repairs down the road into your equation.

MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote