Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Volunteer at Crawford State Park in Colorado

Has anyone ever volunteered at Crawford State Park in Colorado? I'm particularly interested in how it is to work as a Camp Host or ANS there. Working conditions, how many hours, the area near here, etc.

Any one have any ideas on the best route to get to Crawford from the south east? Will be coming out of Florida, through Memphis (to see family). I'm particularly interested in going from I25 north. MS Streets and trips routes me on SR 69 to US 50, then catch SR 92 north of Crawford and head south (Catching SR 92 south of Crawford goes through about 20 miles of wild, rough, difficult and sometimes bad roads) I am driving a 45 foot DP with toad. Wondering if the 100 miles extra out of Denver is worth taking rather than 69 to 50???

This looks like beautiful country but I'm concerned about the roads we will be traveling. Comments please.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

Can't tell you much about camp hosting there, but we have camped there and is a nice little state park. We drove from 50 going north on 92 with our 40' and toad without a problem, some tight turns but take it slow and easy and your fine. 92 was paved all the way and don't think it would be worth going thru Denver and the extra miles.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #3

Our rig is an extra 5 foot, still no problems with the curves???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

Should not be a problem, really pretty drive up 92. We did it and we were newbies at the time.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. Between you and several others elsewhere my bad feelings have been eased. At this point all my questions have been answered and I would consider this thread answered and closed. Thanks again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #6

Double charge

We quit going to CO. State parks, they charge double if you tow a car, but don't if you tow a trailer.
cdcorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcorpe View Post
We quit going to CO. State parks, they charge double if you tow a car, but don't if you tow a trailer.
X2----what a ripoff
slapfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not true. You just get a free sticker for your toad when you arrive and come and go as you please while staying at the park. We have stayed at almost every state park in Colorado and same for all. Thanks,
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder4rfun View Post
Not true. You just get a free sticker for your toad when you arrive and come and go as you please while staying at the park. We have stayed at almost every state park in Colorado and same for all. Thanks,
I had quite a discussion with the park ranger. No free sticker. This was a few years ago. If they changed their policy, that would be great.
slapfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #10

We have stayed at a couple CO state parks, one gave us a free card for the car, the next on did not. We just broke down and got a yearly pass for the car. Just looked it up on the CO state parks page. Tow car dosen't need a sticker, however your MH does. Make any sense to anyone????? Not to me.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #11

My be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder4rfun View Post
We quit going to CO. 3 or 4 years ago because of their tow car rule, I complained to everyone I could,even wrote to the tourist office, because everyone has to tow something.
cdcorpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford